How Much Water?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by bcgal00, Jul 14, 2014.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

With this heat wave and now taking a diuretic to reduce the feet swelling, I have to drink tons of water. Luckily it only took a few days to get rid of the excess water retention and I'm back to normal. I'm drinking somewhere between 10-14 cups a day. What about you? Are you a water drinker?

2. theAndrea

theAndrea Google master

absolutely... I drink as much water as I can get in.

I also make iced herbal tea with lemon when I get bored of so much water lol.

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've been drinking a ton of water with a few drops of flavored stevia in it.

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

i try to drink 10 bottles of 22oz

5. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

I do much, MUCH better during the school year. I usually fill my 24 oz water bottle 4-6 times during the day. During the summer, though, I drink a lot of tea and soda. I should do better but soda is sooooo good. Ha ha!

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't drink much soda but when I do it's a treat. Last night I had a glass of coke and ice and it was soooo good. But usually I try to drink water after I finish with my morning coffees unless it's evening and I have a tea.

7. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I drink mainly water through out the day. Just got into the dōTERRA Essential Oils and started flavoring my water with one or two drops of lemon, lime, or grapefruit. Soooo good! :D

8. ledamperry

ledamperry Named by her crazy father

I don't get the essential oils trend. A friend swears by them and buys them by the dozen. I guess I'm too much of a penny pincher to give them a try. Do they really live up to the hype, Brandi? Totally curious...

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Drinking essential oils? Didn't know you could drink them. I thought they were only for the scent. Or is it a special kind?

10. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I just started using them last month and so far so good. I like the blends you can make with the oils for headaches (like Peppermint, Lavender, and Frankincense), or for colds, the flu, body aches, sleep aids, etc... There are so many things you can do with them. You can diffuse them, cook with them, and use them topically or take them in a veggie capsule rather than OTC drugs.

I'm a Wellness Advocate (I do it for the wholesale prices rather than paying retail) but I've just started learning about them so this is all new to me. Pinterest has some great info on dōTERRA- in fact I've gotten a lot of my blended recipes from there.
    Feel free to PM if you're interested in purchasing some oils. ;)

11. christineirion

christineirion christineirion

I am super impressed by everyone's water intake! I am really trying to drink 8 cups a day right now and I am only getting to about 6 cups. And that's not drinking any other fluids except one coffee in the morning.

12. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

I know this thread has been here awhile but wanted to answer for myself. I drink at least 96 ozs a day but, it is typically more. With or without the heat. Water and 1 cup of coffee are the only things I drink. If I work out that day then I drink at least 32 ozs more. I drink ALOT of water. But I crave it now after drinking it for so long.

13. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I gave up all drinks except water about 3 months ago. Coffee and Diet Coke were by far the toughest to give up, LOL. So, I drink water all day long. Not sure the exact amount b/c I'm just constantly refilling my glass. If I bought bottled water, it'd cost me a fortune.

The goal should be about 1/2 of your body weight in ounces.

14. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

I was doing really well with my water intake before vacation, but have kind of been slacking off a bit since returning. I need to step it up as I'm noticing I'm more thirsty near bedtime (which is the time I DON'T want to drink LOL). I gave up soda a couple of months ago and only drink tea, water and juice and I feel so much better for it.

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I regularly drink 10 glasses of water, usually 12-14 glasses. I dislike it. It is forced habit that I know is good for me. After the initial 10-12 is consumed, I allow myself to have iced tea/lemonade sugar free mix, about 16 ounces. I am a soda drinker, so a glass of that is allowed after 7pm, then back to water.

I have to be strict on myself, or I won't drink the water.

16. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I go in fits and starts, some days I drink a lot of water and others not so much. For example today I only got 500mL (17.5 fl. oz) but I still have this evening so I'm sure I'll drink more. I have given up pop, or should I say I don't buy it for home but I will buy some ice tea here and there if it's on sale.