How many 8x10 pages until you cave?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 11, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Apparently, 2.
    I had such high hopes to do 2020 in landscape 8x10 as a new century, new shape.
    I feel squished and just can't...bhahah
    so back to 10x10s, a lovely square of happiness

klee73010 and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I can't seem to scrap in 8x10 either...

3. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Well I'm playing with layouts at 8.5 x 11 inches this year as I so admired Marilyn's (mcurtt) magazines printed through Blurb. It is taking some adjustment and I'm moving into it in stages. Right now my criteria is: will it go into my family or travel album for the year? If so, create in 12 x 12. If not, then do 8.5 x 11. I do many challenges where I never put the layout in an album and this will be an inexpensive way to print and showcase several of those. My goal is to do at least one magazine this year. Maybe next year I'll do even more!

mcurtt and bestcee like this.
  4. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I scrapped 8.5x11 for 8 years before switching to square. Within a week of switching I couldn't have switched back. Square pages are so much easier for me to work with.

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

For me it just depends upon the theme or for MOC the challenge. Magazine I did portrait 8x11. It is a bit of a stretch of skills switching from typical 12x12 to the smaller sizes. IF I were a C&S person it wouldn't matter. But I'm a load it up person, LOL!

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

As an 8x8 scrapper, I sometimes find myself going 10x8 (landscape) if it's won't fit on 8x8 but I don't want to go as far as a 2 pager. Looking at my folders, most of my pages made about 9-10 years ago were done as 10x8.

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Zero.

Did 8.5x11 for one project and did not enjoy it at all. I made 5 different templates with papers/embellishments and used that throughout the project only dropping in new photos and adding the year/reunion # on each page.

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Tried and true 8 1/2 x 11. I began using that size back in 2006 and I've never looked back. It was so much more economical, I could print them myself on a regular sized printer, no trimming, and I could use normal 3-hole page protectors. Now, I have them printed (Blurb magazines), but I have no plans on changing my size. I do make an exception for DYD where I am fascinated by the TN size, 4 x 8. They are so gosh-darn cute!

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

When I first started scrapbooking way back when hubby and I were dating, I used a big scrapbook that had paper pages and I don't even know what size it was. It wasn't square, though. So when I started paper scrapping as we know memory keeping today in 1996, I used 8.5 x 11. I did that size until I somehow discovered 12x12, and I never looked back. It gave me so much more room. I've tried to do some layouts that size since then, but I really just go back to the square.