how long are the store downloads open ?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Nemla, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I am having computer problems and need to download some of the kits I bought recently ( as in the last year ) to my husbands computer, so I can take part in MOC . I have managed to get a copy of Affinity Photo installed, and would like to have a few kits to work with also.
    I went to my account in the store , went on history, and tried to download a few kits. It is telling me I have no thing to download ?? I have downloaded these kits only once on my own computer, and that is all. Not even with kits bought in OCT 2019 is it possible to re download.... I have some recently bought kits , that I had not downloaded yet because my computer went heywire, and those are ok. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong >
    @mrs2a50
    @Imccandless

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

This is from our FAQs.

Downloads are available for 30 days.

Downloads.JPG

Downloads can be reset. I'd recommend using the customer service form as those are sure to be seen by admin. You can fill out the form here: Contact Us

Downloads2.JPG

3. Nemla

Thank you @gonewiththewind . I have just heard from the repair people. Chances are I need a new hard drive,at the very least some bits have to be replaced. I do have most kits backed up on an external hard drive, At least up to October for sure, but I am reluctant to connect it to my Husbands computer, because it is old , has a bad habit of stopping when it cant cope with the speed, and has been known to mysteriously not resave what has been opened . But I will muddle along until mid week when I know what I actually need. I should have read the facts sheet, ( sorry ) didn't even think about it, just assumed downloads would always be available,.

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If it was me, I would look at my order history, since you are pretty sure you need December, and probably November. That way you can start the conversation with Customer Service about downloads. Order history will help to know if it's a bunch, or just a few things that you need. Plus, you can start playing right away.

Nemla likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

@Nemla I agree with @bestcee on this . . . determine what kits you'd really like to have available and then start your conversation with customer service. Our store is always so kind about resetting downloads and helping you out in situations just like yours! MOC is already a challenge - you don't need to add more to that!

Also, I know you have purchased from me, and I can resend you those links if it will help you, dear!

bestcee and Nemla like this.
  6. Nemla

Thank you both @gonewiththewind and @bestcee . I will get on it first thing tomorrow. For now I have downloaded 3kits I bought end of DEC, and a BYOC for Jan that I had not downloaded yet. Mind you hubbys computer already managed to temporary loose content of 1 folder LOL.....it is going to be a Looong month !

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  7. bestcee

I'm sorry @Nemla ! I hate using other people's computers! It's like being at a hotel.

cfile likes this.
  8. Nemla

Lol you made me laugh. Yes it is exactly like that......only it is a YMCA,lumpy beds,and no service... :giggle

cfile and Karen like this.
  9. bestcee

:rofl

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm so sorry for your computer trouble Vivi! Especially this month of all months! Boo! Hopefully your repairs will be done quickly and you can get back to scrapping on your own computer again!

Nemla likes this.
  11. Nemla

@bestcee @gonewiththewind . It's back, my very own computer. New hard drive with a parallel/partition ( not sure of the right term ? ) of my old hard drive ,only my documents, and my favourites,are missing ,and documents does not matter because as far as I remember everything was backed up, have to contact a few people like Tangie,because links to her classes were in favourites that I could open directly ,but it is a relief not to have to 're download everything again.
    Slowly getting programs back on it. Getting myself a new external hard drive ,and will try a new system of backup every time the computer is turned on, if I can figure out how to set it up. Apparently it was the graphics card causing a lot of the problems, because couldn't cope with the windows updates,and so started a chain reaction of sorts.
    But for now, into the store to download the December purchases, try to catch up with MOC, and hopefully have some fun.
    Thanks again for taking an interest.

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay!!! I’m so glad you have it back and that you didn’t lose a ton, especially not your pictures and scrap stuff! Phew!

13. gonewiththewind

@Nemla Oh, how awesome! Glad things worked out so quickly for you and that very little was missing. Have fun scrapping, and of course, don't hesitate to let us know if you need more assistance!

Nemla likes this.
  14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

15. bestcee

@Nemla Yeah! I'm so glad you are back to your 'home'. I use an external online backup, the same one Cynthia was talking about in chatty thread - Backblaze. I don't know if it'll work for you, but I love how it is easy to set up and relatively cheap. I'm so glad your fix was pretty quick overall!

16. gonewiththewind

And I use the same service, Backblaze, as well. I've had to use it when an external failed, and it worked perfectly!

bestcee likes this.