How is everyone doing with MOC?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by littlekiwi, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I need some hugs...
    Normally I looooooove MOC! Can't wait to see the new challenge every morning (and then have to wait till late afternoon because of European time :-) ).
    This year I'm totally behind... love almost none of the layouts I made, just can't find the drive or mojo...
    I didn't even upload even one layout yet.
    If someone wants to chat with me, please feel free ;-)
    Really need to get my spirits en energylevel up, because failing is not an option ;-) .

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

You don't have to love your MOC layouts. Maybe you just want to get them done? Just have fun exploring and trying new things. It's often messy to learn, so if your layout is a mess, that's a good thing! You can do it! :cheer:love:tu:yourock One thing that helps me if I'm not sure what to do is looking at the other layouts in the challenge thread for inspiration.

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

First, sending hugs. I'm behind by seven layouts.

Second, I agree with @michelepixels - just enjoy the process of learning. Maybe that will help your mojo come alive, when you know that you are free to experience and not focus on the end result of perfection.

Third, we're glad you're here, and we want you to succeed in this goal! My suggestion is that you set a time limit and create ONE layout. Maybe it's the type of layout you are already comfortable making, so pick that challenge and then work from there. That's the beauty of MOC. You don't have to have a layout completed ON THAT DAY. We have all month to figure this out. We believe in you!

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I’ve got the seasonal blues too. Get them every winter along with the cold ready days comes the body aches too. Thank goodness for MOC and scrapping in general to give me an outlet. I too love seeing the creative ways others complete the challenges and it energizes me and helps me make it through to brighter days.

sending big hugs and prayers your way! :hug We’re here to help. Like Cheryl said take it one layout at a time. Think baby steps. Set the timer for 15 minutes and look through the challenges noting the ones that appeal to you. Take a break. come back and set the timer for 15 more minutes and pick out the photos or kits to use for the challenge. Then another 15 minutes working on the challenge. Save, take a break and keep repeating 15 minutes at a time with breaks until you get one done. You can do this! If you need help just ask, everyone is friendly and willing to help.

5. keepscrappin

I’m 8 challenges behind but still plugging along. I’m loving the creativity here and enjoying seeing the gallery filled and the forum bustling.

Speaking of the gallery, while you’re there posting your layouts, you can play along with the January Lillypad look-alikes game. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/game-jan-2022-lilypad-look-alikes.81616/

It’s easy. All you have to do is find a look-like for the layout in the post above and leave them love. Tag them when you post in the game thread and you’re entered to win $3 to The Lilypad.

6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm 5 days behind, it's so hot here that I kinda lost my mojo!! but Im not desperate yet...lol

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  7. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

I was five or six behind this morning but I've stolen moments away all throughout today to get all caught up. Some were quicker than others but I'm relatively happy with all of them, which never normally happens if I do a few layouts in one day - so I'm happy!

Karen and bonnenuit like this.
  8. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

I am caught uo, having a hard time with credits thou, not used to full kit name by designer name

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

As I'm scrapping, I find the kit in the store. (I always have my web browser open behind Photoshop.) Then when I'm posting in the gallery I just copy and paste each URL for each kit into the credits. I only just started doing that this MOC and crediting has never been easier!

bestcee, cfile and keepscrappin like this.
  10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

thank you, yes, this would really help

michelepixels likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

This is how I do it! :agree

michelepixels likes this.
  12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

So earlier I posted that every year I don't think I'll get them all done, and every year something major gets cancelled or there's a snowstorm or something and I end up finishing. But I didn't think it would happen this year, because next week my grad school class starts up again and I'll have less free time. That may still be what stops me from getting them done, but it isn't looking good for the wedding we were supposed to travel for this weekend. Snow and ice predicted in southern VA and in NC, so there's a good chance we may have to cancel and not risk the drive. I want to be at the wedding, but if we can't go I'll console myself with some extra MOC layouts! I only have 10 done so far, but I have a few others started so I'm not as far behind as it looks.

AJK likes this.
  13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

So far so good! A few have been gasp! challenging, but they got done. A few others took almost all day. But I plan for this each year. Last year I did it with the decision NOT to have my layouts qualified/checked - forfeiting the GC because there was a lot going on in life. It was fun just to be challenged and inspired. Thanks, TLP!

14. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Thank you all for the kind words. My anxiety-levels are skyrocking... Winter and corona (just the worldwide thing, not me having it -anymore) are not helping offcourse with my winterblues. I was feeling so low when I wrote my previous message, but doing much better now. Maybe time to upload my layouts until now (I like to put them up in the right order, so will have to look if I have all first days).
    Love you all for the support on this great forum!

gonewiththewind and keepscrappin like this.
  15. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

I just got caught up!!! I have 20 layouts finished and am starting today's challenge.

16. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

For another perspective I have the “Sticky Notes” app (I think that’s the right name) open in Windows and either credit as I go minus the links or since all of my layers have file/kit names on them, I do a rough credits list at the end before I go into the shop to grab the links. Either way there’s only been the odd thing I’ve used here and there that hasn’t been in the store.

17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m in a similar situation except it’s not today’s challenge I need to do.

18. keepscrappin

glad to hear you’re feeling better and scrapping! :banana:byay

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Be safe as here in va beach we are supposed to get close to 5 inches and there is a bit of Ice already on roads from last nights little storm . Be safe

rach3975 likes this.
  20. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Thanks! We're going from northern VA to Raleigh (probably on I-95, though there's also an alternate route we can use that's farther west), so we're waiting to see exactly how far west the snow and ice hit. I have a feeling we'll have to cancel, but I don't want to do it based on the forecast and then find out the roads were fine. You stay safe, too!

cfile likes this.