How do you keep track of the MOC challenges?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bestcee, Jan 12, 2017.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Congrats on the CT -- that would be a dream come true for me and I am sure you are loving it.

carilyne likes this.
  2. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I use my journal; I write down the challenge/requirements (which I have missed once and had to be reminded - thank goodness for the nice hostess) and then I highlight when it has been posted.

bestcee likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I already created empty pages ahead of time and put them in a separate folder for MOC. I named the pages MOC 01 - MOC31 and pick the empty page I am working on now. I can see at one glance which pages I have done. I post right after finishing the page so I have no troube knowing what to post still.

4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Thank you. It was a dream come true. A designer team is just right for now. Creating with one of my favorite products and getting extra encouragement not only about my layout but to spend time encouraging others.

BevG, londoncuppa and KarenB like this.
  5. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

So I started doing this, except I delete the bookmark when I am done. It's working for me.

This though, this makes my organizational heart happy, LOL.

Chippi and djp332 like this.
  6. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

@SirScrapalot I just love seing the "Done, Done, Done" lol! I delete the, whole folder at the end of the month. Same with all my regular and designer challenges each month.
    I am so glad it is working for you!

7. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I did have the first post of my MOC thread with all the links that I completed, but it was removed. Admin, do you think you can allow this for next year? It really helps with the organization and knowing which challenges you've completed, especially as you get behind and what not.

Because my initial post was deleted from my MOC thread, I was flustered and upset as that's the only way I was keeping track of my completed challenges. All papers on my desk get shredded weekly or filed. I don't like having a mess on my desk. So to have a piece of paper laying around wasn't working for me. Instead, I have a designing calendar of my releases and deadlines. So for this month, MOC has taken over my designing calendar. By the date, I wrote "MOC -" and as I completed them, I wrote "- done". They are then crossed out and highlighted so I know they are done. I can quickly glance at my calendar and see which days I'm missing by the lack of highlighting.

8. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

All my layouts I make for MOC go into a folder. There is a subfolder for every chsllenge with the working files. I made all the folders but only the challenges I've completed have the challenge name in the folder name.
    All finished and uploaded pages are in a different folder, the pages that are finished but not yet posted are just sitting in the main folder.
    It may sound difficult but this is probably the simplest system and it works really well for me.
    But after reading this thread I've also started the opening-the-challenge-thread-and-leaving-it-open system.

bestcee likes this.
  9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I use a double-sided page planner from Get It Scrapped. I printed 31 copies and made a booklet that I carry around with me in case inspiration hits while I'm out and about.

I fill it out each day with the challenge, date, sponsor, page requirements, my LO specs/ideas, date of upload, etc.

bestcee likes this.
  10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't comment on any of the challenge threads except for when I post my layout so I can just look at the icons & see if my teeny tiny face is there or not. :)

bestcee likes this.
  11. carilyne

Confession time -- guess who made a spreadsheet (actually just a table) of Challenges, Designer Challenges, and what subjects (real general) last night (as well as highlighting what is waiting for release). I imagined @bestcee laughing as I did it. I'm caught up on challenges but not designer and also wanted to see how much was Christmas since that was my goal to get my DYD book done. It gives me ideas when I need a quick layout to do just because I have the day's challenge done.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Not laughing, totally impressed!
    I read Aaron's blog post today, and it made me think of how I want to organize all my pages, and ideas so I can tell the stories I want this year.

I bought a notebook for mine, because I love the portableness of it.

13. carilyne

I'll have to go check that out. Thanks for reminding me. A notebook might be a little too portable for me, as in where did I take it last (always lost). I have this one on the computer. Pulled it up this morning and knew where I was. I have to catch up on Designer's.

Laughing was because I thought I had it so under control -- then came CT; then came Anne's designer challenge weekend. and well...

bestcee likes this.
  14. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh Courtney you just reminded me of how disastrous the state of my mind/organization is..
    right now, I know I made pages till the 16th and posted, I know I made another one further up, but have not posted yet and I have this OCD thing that wont let me post on my LO thread unless is in the right order, I had a sticky note keeping track but then I lost it... it is difficult to me even to read the forum properly, so now I am just going with the flow and trying not to obsess!!!

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is why I decided to use the grid card this year! I kept making pages with stuff not released yet. And because I hadn't posted it, well, let's just say I made 3 layouts for one challenge this year! So, I said enough! And went with the grid because I could check off done as well as posted separately!

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOL Courtney!!!!! I did the same last year!!!!!!!!
    I was ojk until last week, but I think I m catching up now :) @bestcee

bestcee likes this.
  17. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

18. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I go in order.. I cant move on to another till the one before is finished.. :P

19. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I'm retired so I just make the MOC page right after I check out the thread for the day. I've stayed on the current day throughout the month (twice, went to bed before it was finished but since it was started I just finished up early the next day). I do MOC in the order they are given. My old brain needs to be timely and consistent.

20. Tiff

Tiff I don't need no stinking playlists!

I don't!! I just try to keep and and only let myself fall a day or two behind at a time. But I do like that reassure of the icon on the thread .... I only post my finished layouts, so I know the icon means I posted it.