How do you keep track of the MOC challenges?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by bestcee, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love that I can look at the icons of the challenges and see that I've posted in them. But, I realized if I comment in that thread it's harder to remember whether I posted my page or just commented about the challenge. So, I made this for myself today:
    [​IMG]
    How are you keeping track of what you've finished?

KarenB, rchansen, lvancura and 3 others like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

lol, I to use a print out, and I have my MOC pages set up in their own little folder, by challenge date ex: 01MOC5-j is for joy Ihave to have on my paper what each challenge is, cause my brain gets very wacky by week 2

Vrielinkie and bestcee like this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I have a list very similar to yours! ;) I also keep track when I post them too because some are done for CT work & can't be posted right away! As in... I NEED tomorrows releases to HURRY up so I can post my last 3 & be officially caught up! :p

Karen and bestcee like this.
  4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I've stayed caught up within one or two so it's been easy. Until I became a CT and now one is sitting waiting. But mainly everytime I post in MY thread I double check how many are there and which ones are there. I suppose one could even post a reply saying these are missing and then it would get erased when you edited it. Hmmm hadn't thought of that myself. But I also have to say since I'm working on 3 different books I do have a listed with what challenge went where so I'll find them again.

Vrielinkie, LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Similar... I have a Done, Need to Post, and Need to Do... lol!

6. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

I write my list down on a post it in my art journal. I'm not always ready to do one of the challenges so I have to check them off as I go. I'm way behind right now.

7. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

i make it a "rule" to not post in the challenge thread until I post my layout for that exact reason! I also have a list in my bullet journal where I check off when the layout is posted.

dancingJaye and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm keeping a list in the notes section of my planner and then reminders to post on specific days. I have a special little folder within my scrappy folder that is just MOC pages.

lvancura likes this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Early last year, when I noticed my picture appears on threads in which I posted, I began purposefully not commenting on challenge threads until I've done the challenge. I've broken that rule of mine twice I think during MOC but it doesn't matter because I'm doing each challenge the day it's posted. Also I can just look at my own MOC thread to see what I've completed. Or to be absolutely sure, I can look in my scrapbook folder on my computer where I've been saving MOC layouts with filenames that follow this pattern: 2017-01-12moc-filledtemplate-sapiens. The last bit is the title or theme of my layout.

10. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I'm just using a notebook on my desk that I write down which challenge it is and what the challenge requires. Then, I jot down anything I use that I need to put in the credits, and the name of the page when I complete it. I post them right away so I don't have to worry about posting it later... Then, I draw a line and prepare for the next challenge! But, I am doing really well keeping up with doing them in order. If I was jumping around, it would be a bigger challenge for sure!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

bestcee likes this.
  11. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I subscribed to the forum to get emails when a new challenge is posted. I don't delete the email until I complete the page and post it... didn't help today though, no email came for today's challenge

Aerobigirl, bestcee and carilyne like this.
  12. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

that's pretty awesome idea.
    i wrote mine in my planner (January goals)... crossing all fingers I complete all challenges on time!!! eeekk!

13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I was all caught up until day 10 and then I had some awesome new goodies to work with for my creative teams so after today I will be up to date - no need for me to keep track other than using the folder system I already have.

Frumpje likes this.
  14. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have a two page spread in my bullet journal. Left side is an idea list of photos, events, PL or DYD pages, etc. I need to scrap. On the right I write the day number and the challenge for that day. I add the photos/event/etc I want to use after that once I have it figured out. And finally an X in the box before the challenge once it's done.

15. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I just keep a text file with the challenge date and name. Each day when a challenge is posted I add it to the list, and when I scrap a challenge and post the layout to the gallery and the challenge threads, I delete it from the list.

16. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I've got them bookmarked in their number order and as I do them I change the name of the bookmark to
    [DONE] January 1: Brought to You By the Letter...

[​IMG]

I also leave them up in my browser and only close them once they are done. So every morning when I wake up, computer goes on and I load up the challenges I haven't done and there they stay to remind me.

I had them written down last year, but my kids kept taking the paper to draw on...

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I was doing that, but then I did 2 for CT, so my order went 1,2,3,5,8 and messed me up!

Sigh. I wish! I just can't help it when someone asks a question I can answer....

This is a cool idea. Do you worry about long filenames?

Yes. It is! I know, of all the problems to have, this is pretty minuscule. :giggle

I love this idea! I haven't had a lot of luck with Cheryl's Excel sheet, but a paper bullet journal type list might work perfect for me! :hummm

Um, this is pretty awesome! And unique! I never would have thought of making bookmarks and then adding the done part!
    I totally get you on the paper disappearing from the desk. This particular note slides under my mousepad after I check which challenge. Because otherwise it'll be covered in nonsensical phonetic spellings, and hearts and notes.

18. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

hey, congrats

carilyne likes this.
  19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I use a scrap journal to keep track of challenges. I'm also recording kits used with each challenge so I don't blank out when I save the layout to the gallery.

20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

List makers gonna list... With pen and paper. Crossing off feels like accomplishment

MrsPeel and klee73010 like this.