How do you incorporate hard, sad moments in your project?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by gracielou, Mar 28, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Back in my early years of scrapping, Dick's granddaughter died of aplastic anemia at age 6 after about 18 months of pure hell. I made some scrapbook pages during the months as she went from seemingly ok til the time her parents made the decision to end treatment. The earlier pages were sometimes pretty pages for her parents but other pages were for me as Dick and I agonized about the suffering she endured from treatment after treatment. This one page includes the journaling my dil posted on Caring Bridge while Bekah was still alive. I think this page, with her words, tells the entire story.

The 2nd one was a page made and included for our 2010 Canada trip. The trip was cut short when Bekah died so while it says little the photo conveys how sick she was near the end both from the disease as well as the treatments. We both know our feelings from that time and the abrupt end to our trip is clear in the album.

hth you consider how you want to tell your story.

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 2.07.42 PM.png Canada page 16 Bekah_600.jpg

RebeccaH and gracielou like this.
  2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I've been through the deaths of my mother-in-law, mom, dad, brother, and several members of my extended family so although I don't know your exact feelings, I have some context and I empathize with you.

There is no wrong answer to this question.

I have done loving memorial pages for family members who have passed. I've also done some more gritty layouts that detail how I've felt personally. Only about 1% of my layouts future hurt, anger, or negative feelings, but they are a part of my life, so they're occasionally a part of my journaling or an entire layout. I can't link any pages here are the layouts aren't using TLP supplies, but I've done layouts about my miscarriages, secondary infertility, and death. When my kids grow up and read our life story, I don't want it to be unrealistically perfect. We've had some hard times. Some times, I focus on the bright side of the good that's come of them. Other times, it feels the most genuine to journal about the feelings of hurt.

You will decide, and do, what's perfect for you.

gracielou and bestcee like this.