How do you get ready--

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by NancyP, May 1, 2017.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

--for the new month challenges?
    I literally stay up past midnight waiting for all the new challenges to be posted! Yeah, crazy? It really is exciting for me! Am I the only one like that?
    I have four sites where I do challenges. First I start a new WordPad Page and list the four sites. Then as the challenges are posted, I list them under their appropriate site. The reason for this is, as I do the challenges, I go back to the WP page and list all the kits I use next to that challenge. So everything is in one spot for when I upload the challenge.
    Then I go to the site folders in My Pictures. There are two folders for each sb site; Challenges and Kits. I open Challenges and start a new folder for the new month.
    I open that folder and add a folder for each challenge. Then I start thinking about what photos will work with what the challenge requires, and what photos are waiting to be scrapped. I look for what I want and put them in each challenge folder. I also download anything that is needed for the challenge, like templates etc. Now I am set to GO!!!!!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

WOW. I can't even imagine doing all of that. ROFL. I just go with the flow. I have 2 sites that I try to do most of the challenges, but even then I just sorta do one, post it and then move on, to the next if I have time.

3. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Told ya I was crazy!!! :crazy3

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Wow....Nancy...you sure are organized....WTG!
    I know exactly what you mean about eagerly anticipating the new challenges for the month, it's so much fun!

5. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I just write them in a spiral bound notebook I keep at my scrapping desk. Then, when I finish the layout for the challenge, I wrote the name of the layout for that challenge in the notebook so I always remember which layout I did for which challenge...

low tech...

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I keep them in a computer folder but only as I do them. May will be called 1705 TLP Challenges and then another will be 1705 TLP Designer Challenges. I name each sub folder as I do one e.g. 1705 TLP Template and when I finish and upload it I add a z to the name which lets me know I'm done. z1705 TLP Template.

I had to laugh last night...I'd had too much water to drink while watching tv which necessitated a few bathroom trips during the night. At 3 a.m. I suddenly thought...I can go and sign up in the Challenge Folder and maybe be on page 1!!! However, I almost always turn my computer off at night and realized if I turned it back on and did all that I'd really be awake and unlikely to fall back asleep. Fortunately, I can pee half-asleep these days. LOL

LoveItScrapIt and wvsandy like this.
  7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I only do challenges here, so each month I write the challenge name and a brief word or two description of the challenge in my bullet journal. I leave room after each one to jot down ideas or photos I think might fit. Oh... and I put a check box in front of each one so I can't mark them done. I do this mainly for brainstorming vs. actually being organized. :-)

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love you to the moon and back, you are my hero and the ability to go without totally waking up is a talent I am trying to achieve!

yes and yes! that is exactly what I do.
    I also have a NEED to USE folder, and I have a Designer Challenge and Pad Challenge folder in there, so I can download any templates or products I may need to use for the challenges too! After I finish the challenge I file the fun. Then I look at that folder first when I neeeeeeeeeeeeed to get my scrap on!

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I just write the challenge titles and brief description on my desk calendar because writing things helps me commit them to memory and also I like drawing a star next to each one as I finish it.

Later, I do record elsewhere the reason for layouts done for challenges, speed scraps, etc. I do that when I upload my layouts to my personal website scrapbook gallery by typing that info in the caption. I also paste the credits there after copying them from my gallery here at TLP. If you'd like to see my personal scrapbook gallery it's at http://www.michelekendzie.com/Digital-Scrapbooking/2017-Scrapbook/

LoveItScrapIt, Cath_ and wvsandy like this.
  10. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Love this... I'm not that organized, however when I returned to scrapping I had to organize my stash by store. I have a folder for each designer and just did a drag and drop into the store folder. This way when I do challenges I know which kits I'm supposed to use! It got tricky with collabs (think blog train!) and I ended up having to split some of those up.
    For TLP, I have a word file I created last month and then altered this month (I'm new here) with all the challenges and the rules - don't want to mess things up!

I do this also, but for a different reason! Adding that little Z puts the file at the end of all the other folders... I do it to keep all the collabs together. ;) Then when I have a collab I haven't used I put an underscore in front of it to put it at the front of all my files!

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! I am super impressed with how organized you guys are for challenges! I used to have a small notebook that I'd write the challenges down in each month, now I kinda wing it! Lol!

12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I've been known to do stay up until midnight, too! lol! I think this month is actually the first time I'm on the first page here.

I only do challenges at 2 places, and I can usually get at least half of the requirements using my CT layouts. Sometimes I might need to tweak the layout, maybe changing the font or adding a flower or two to meet the requirements.