How do we know if a challenge has been accepted by the host?

Discussion in 'MOC 2023 - Coming Home' started by Aerobigirl, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

I know how busy everyone at TLP is, especially this time of year with MOC. And what a fun month of challenges it was this year!

In past years, the challenge host would frequently comment on our layouts so we would know that challenge had met the host's guidelines. If we have a few layouts that haven't been commented on by our challenge hostess, should we assume no news is good news? I'm sure the hostesses don't want to be bombarded with "have you checked in my layout" messages, so if there is a way to know whether our layout was accepted without bugging that day's hostess, would you please let me know?

Thanks!

umyesh and crazsquaw like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I know all the hostesses are doing their best to comment as quickly as possible. I would say the best thing you can do is check and double check your own pages to make sure they comply with the rules, especially those without host comments. Thank you for asking!

Karen and cfile like this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Normally the host will leave a comment on your layout thanking you for taking part in the challenge.
    I have had 2 hostesses contact me directly for things they wanted changing. So if you haven't heard anything either in your layout comments or by pm then I would guess that the hostess hasn't got as far as your page yet.

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

As a host, I have to confess that I missed one too, I commented and then realized I had overlooked something and contacted the layout artist directly, to please change her layout.
    We are all human and can make mistakes.
    It is your responsibility to check and recheck that your layouts comply.
    I know that I missed a requirement too and was contacted by the host to please change my layout.
    Hopefully if there is an issue the host will contact you via private message.
    All the best of luck for all the participants.

cfile and jk703 like this.
  5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Our hosts do their best to look at each layout for compliance. If your page has been commented on, its probably good, but we can't guarantee that. However, just because it hasn't been commented on doesn't mean it doesn't comply. For example, I ran out of time for comments on my blind scrap, but I did go through all the layouts to check compliance. Ultimately, it is up to the scrapper to make sure their page follows the guidelines provided.

Teri, Bagheertje and cfile like this.