Hot Tea | Pad Patter 1.12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 12, 2020.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hot Tea for me! About 3-4 cups every morning - 2 giant mugs of it really. I don't drink coffee, so this is my go to! I like Iced Tea too, but not in the monring usually - unless there is no hot tea available. Usual go to is English Breakfast or Irish Breakfast. A dab of Splenda and some milk, and I'm content.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've always really wanted to drink tea and like it... but I think I'm doing it wrong. :giggle

3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I don’t like hot tea... but I think it smells amazing and I enjoy making it for my husband. He generally only drinks it when he doesn’t feel well. He finds it soothing. His favorite has been the medicine ball hot tea at Starbucks. It must be popular because they are often out. So I asked some questions about everything in it and now make my own version at home.

I boil half a cup of simply lemonade and half a cup of water. At some point I squeeze honey in. We use one Teavana Youthberry tea bag and let it steep in a mug with the liquid once it boils. It smells amazing and my husband really enjoys it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

I read the title, and instantly thought, "ooh, juicy gossip!" But...

For me it's one latté in the AM, and tea for the rest of the day. Some of my favourites are from Murchie's in Victoria, BC. I just put in an order with work colleague who will be in Vancouver next week. While you can sometimes get the Rideau Hall blend (a blend of black teas, designed by former Canadian Governor General Adrienne Clarkson, and named after the GG's official residence) here in Ottawa, the rest you can only get in BC. I also love Baker Street Blend (lightly smoky green tea with hints of jasmine and bergamot), and the Canada 150 tea (black, green and oolong teas with a hint of maple).

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Coffee all day except, wait for it... Yup.... we have Irish Tea around 2 pm EST daily :) (I just drink my tea black)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I have coffee in the morning too, but love trying different flavoured teas.

My go to is lemon and ginger, but there are probably around a dozen different flavours on the beverage shelf.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Never got into tea. Maybe because I have had the wrong ones?

8. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

That's my favorite too! I'll make a cup today in honor of National Tea Day! I really like iced tea too.

IntenseMagic and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've recently started drinking hot tea in the afternoon or evening in place of another cup of coffee!

Oolong and chai are my favorites. I don't really like fruity or peppermint teas.

cfile and IntenseMagic like this.
  10. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I love hot tea. I don't drink coffee so tea is my go to for caffeine. My favorite is Tazo Awake tea with stevia and cream. I like the one from Starbucks and Twining as well. Occasionally I will have Earl Grey IF it's not too fragrant. I tried but didn't like any of the herbal or fruity teas.

I admit...for a second, I wondered if you meant the drink or the gossip! LOL

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I’m a coffee drinker in the morning and early afternoon but then I switch to tea. My fave is Trader Joes turmeric and ginger tea. I have it almost every day but sometimes will have green tea or white tea with a bit of stevia.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

@IntenseMagic @bonnenuit @gonewiththewind

I just saw that Bigelow is sending out samples of Constant Comment along with coupons and I thought of this thread! It's US only, though.

bit.ly/38kFJgl

13. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m an iced tea gal, in fact I hardly drink any hot beverages especially if I’m out because i’m lactose intolerant and use lactose free milk rather than soy/almond/oat etc which a lot of places don’t offer. Fave iced tea flavour if i’m making it is a peach and pineapple one but if I’m out and about just plain peach.

14. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Yes, with milk and sugar, the way my grandmother always used to give it to us. Nowadays, I like chai tea latte.

15. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I’m a member of the Constant Comment club. I even like it as iced tea, first having the iced variety at Long John Silvers a million years ago.:compcoffee

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Awww I missed it :( It said they were all claimed. But thanks, anyway!!