Hot Tea | Pad Patter 1.12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 12, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Today is National Hot Tea Day!
    [​IMG]
    I love tea! Hot, cold, green, white, black, flavored...all the teas. And I love trying new ones! It's not my go-to in the morning, coffee wins there, but I do love a cup of hot tea in the afternoon or evening with a little sugar and lemon. I may just celebrate after dinner with a nice cup :)

Are you a hot tea drinker? Tell me about your tea!

KarenB likes this.
  2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm more like an 80% coffee drinker and 20% tea drinker. I probably drink tea 2 or 3 times a week, usually at night while I'm scrapping. I'm picky about my teas--I only like fruity, sweet ones.

KarenB and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love Bigelow's Constant Comment tea. If you haven't tried it, it's a black tea with orange rind and cinnamon and other spices. It smells wonderful! It's from a Colonial recipe. I like it with a bit of sugar and a tiny splash of milk.

Other than that, I love fruity teas.

KarenB and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm a coffee gal, but I do like peppermint tea at night. A nice warm mug while scrapping is so cozy.

cfile, KarenB and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I am a hot tea drinker. Most of the time it's just Lipton black tea, but I also drink English Breakfast, Lady Grey, and Constant Comment.

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

7. IntenseMagic

Same for me...usually at night while I'm scrapping :)

8. IntenseMagic

Umm yummm, that sounds amazing. Definitely writing that one down to give a try!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

I agree! I love to have a hot cup in the evening when I sit down to scrap :)

Tree City likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

Sounds like I definitely need to try Constant Comment :) I do like the English Breakfast and Lady Grey!

gonewiththewind and bonnenuit like this.
  11. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

I like black teas. Constant Comment is good, and I love Darjeeling, though I usually make that as a spiced chai.

KarenB and gonewiththewind like this.
  12. gonewiththewind

Yay! More Constant Comment lovers! We should start a scrapbooking group! The Constant Comment Creators! LOL

honeyandcheese and bonnenuit like this.
  13. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I drink A LOT of cold green tea throughout the day after coffee in the morning. But on cold afternoons at work and on weekends at home, I enjoy hot tea. First half of the day it's a Chai or Earl Grey. Evening it's herbal, typically a fruity version.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My morning always starts with a pot of Decaf Typhoo tea. I tried to find the original tv ads that used to show a group of people singing "Who puts the T in Britain, Guess who? TYPHOO" in the style of the YMCA" song. Besides that pot, I like Constant Comment - and have made my own with crushed cloves and dried orange peel some winters, Earl Gray - very big in the Middle East, and any smoked tea especially Russian Caravan. I've never found that last one in a good decaf version so when I have it, it's the full leaded version.

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 9.55.08 PM.png

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Nope. Like I never got into coffee, I also never really got into tea. However, while I never drink coffee, I do, rarely, drink tea. It started when my midwife encouraged me to drink herbal tea that was good for pregnancy in 2006. I learned how to make it and how soothing it can be. So occasionally, like if I'm sick, I will make some tea. I have boxes in my pantry that are years old because I don't drink it much.

How long does tea last?

IntenseMagic and KarenB like this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I drink Sleepy Time Tea every night before bedtime. I love iced tea and coffee, too, but always my Sleepy Time at night.

17. gonewiththewind

Bagged tea usually lasts about 2 years in a dry location. And really, even then, you're likely okay to drink it, but it will lose some taste/potency. Loose leaf teas are another thing entirely, depending on what type and how you store them.

michelepixels likes this.
  18. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I've never been a big tea person but have been trying to swap out my 9pm coffee for tea... I'm not a cold tea person at all. Has to be hot. I found one at christmas time that was so yummy- Bigelow's Ginger Snapish. I have a couple left but cant seem to find it in my stores lately. I also just started drinking a green tea with pomegranate & that's pretty good too! I only sometimes put a bit of honey in my tea so going for less calories overall then my splash of cream in my coffee...

19. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I'm experimenting at the moment. One of my Christmas presents was a tin of English Tea Shop Premium collection teas. So I'm trying out lots of new teas this month.
    Today I will be trying out the Super Berries one. It smells gorgeous and I haven't opened the packet yet.

20. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Hot tea with milk here - all day, every day!

IntenseMagic likes this.