Hot Dogs | Pad Patter 7.25

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 25, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I had never even thought about it possibly being thought of as a sandwich until they mentioned it on the radio.

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't have a grill and have no plans to get one. Doesn't make sense for just me so I have always fixed my hot dogs by boiling them. No more. Air fryer for the win! Heck, I've only used the oven once since I've been able to eat anything and that was the 2nd night. I've fixed scrambled eggs on the stove maybe 2 times. Every other meal that needs cooking (been eating a lot of ham salad and potato salad from the grocery deli though) has been done in the air fryer. I'm sure I'll use the oven next winter but for now, I'm in love with the air fryer since it is so easy to do single servings.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

I'm so behind the times and still don't have an air fryer. My mom tried to order me one at Christmas and it didn't end up coming. She says she's still getting it, so I've put off buying on myself.

Karen likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Do you eat hot dogs? Yes. Prefer them grilled or pan fried over boiled any day!
    And if so, what goes on a hot dog? Basic: mayo/mustard/ketchup. Also like chili dogs. Chicago style dogs. Dogs with sauerkraut.
    Also, someone asked this question on the radio the other day - Is a hot dog a sandwich? NOPE

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

I got the air fryer awhile ago but really couldn't eat anything so never used it. But now... I'm hooked. The crock pot is in the cupboard (I used it all the time when I was limited on what I could eat) and the air fryer sits in its place. Now the instapot... it is being donated. Never got the hang of it and there is so much that can be fixed in the air fryer that I never even dreamed of! Doesn't hurt that there is no messy grease to deal with either.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I used to eat them all the time, then I quit for diet reasons. Now they taste yucky to me. I can eat an all-beef one if it has been blackened on the grill. I prefer it with chili, onions, and mustard. Slaw if it is the version I like.

Now bratwurst on the other hand --- all day long... love them grilled with peppers and onions.

And sandwich? If it sits on bread of any type, it is!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Love bratwurst too. I like mine with sauerkraut and mustard, onions and peppers sound good too. I think I need to fire up my grill and grill me up some brats.

IntenseMagic and BevG like this.
  8. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I eat Koegel's hotdogs. They are made locally, and like many others who live nearby, I'm picky about hotdogs and won't eat them if I don't know what the brand is. We get the regular Frankfurters.

I like to put on ketchup, mustard, pickle relish and onions on my hot dogs, although I sometimes leave off the ketchup. I also like "Flint style" coney dogs, which are Koegel's Viennas with a dry chili meat sauce, mustard and onions. ("Detroit style" is more soupy, although I'm sure people that prefer that style describe it more flatteringly.)

I googled "define sandwich" and one of the People also ask questions was "Is a hotdog a sandwich or a taco?" LOL

upload_2021-7-28_21-52-55.png

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Love hotdogs. Depending on where I am I like the sausages both boiled or grilled. In Denmark at a proper Hot dog stand boiled, anywhere else grilled.
    Filling traditional : remoulade (a sauce condiment made with mayo,chopped pickles,and a bit of mustard.)
    Perfect Hotdog= good quality sausage , ketchup,followed by a small amount of mustard,with remoulade on top of that, followed by either chopped raw onions,or dry roasted onions, topped with a line of thinly sliced gerkins..
    Ahhh, I so want to go to Denmark and have one... Maltese are rubbish at making hotdogs, they think baked beans is a hot dog filling !
    No it is not a sandwich

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

Same! I can't do boiled at all!!!
    I'm seriously wanting a hot dog with sauerkraut currently and it's only 9:20am :giggle

AJK, gonewiththewind and Memaw2Wm like this.
  11. IntenseMagic

I love my Instant Pot, mostly because I am the worst at remembering to put things out to thaw and I love that I can cook it up from frozen in no time. I'm really looking forward to having a air fryer one of these days :)

12. IntenseMagic

My hubby and son are brat fiends! They both love them and I am not a huge fan, so I will usually make brats for them and hot dogs for me.

13. IntenseMagic

I'm picky about them, too. There are definitely certain ones I won't eat. Until I heard that question on the radio, I had honestly never given any thought to whether a hot dog is a sandwich or not lol. But a taco?? hmmmmm

14. IntenseMagic

Baked beans on a hotdog?? Not sure I would like that at all. But everything else you mentioned...yummm.
    I'm craving hotdogs at 9:30am :giggle

15. HavaDrPepper

You don't have to thaw to use the air fryer either ;)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't eat meat anymore but when I did, hotdogs/smokies/sausages were at the top of my list. I would eat them in a bun or without, would pile on the cheese, chili, diced onion, coleslaw, sauerkraut (not all at the same time of course). Hotdogs and beans was a camping fave for years and the kids loved it too.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Right? Ever since I typed it yesterday, I was like I need sauerkraut! My mom used to make sauerkraut and it was the best. Perhaps I can bribe her into making a batch . . .

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Yes, I do. But only certain kinds- never at Sonic. They have made me sick the 3 times I tried them there. Full beef hot dog only for me. At fairs/festivals, I have to see them first to decide if they pass for me, LOL. (Hey, nothing is worth a very upset stomach, right?!!)
    And if so, what goes on a hot dog?
    Hubs and I had favorite treat dating and then early years of marriage that we've kept up with; chili dogs. sauce, onions, cheese. Only occasionally (4-5 x year) now though. We are watching more closely what we consume. Plain roasted Hot Dog needs ketchup. NEVER mustard for me, mustard makes me cough! Must be an allergy. A dog that is thick and quality content can handle sauerkraut. But normally that goes on Brats for us.
    Is is a sandwich??? CHECK THIS OUT:happydance

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

:giggle alt-sandwich :giggle
    My main question is...how do people get these jobs studying hot dogs and tacos and gyros? And how do I apply? :giggle

20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

HA! Idk! :crazy3

IntenseMagic likes this.