*Closed- Winner Announced *"Home----" logic puzzle | DSD 2022

Discussion in 'DSD 2022 Party Pad' started by bellbird, Sep 29, 2022.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

***Congrats to everyone that played and to our random winner - jagruti patel ! ***

Hey guys!
    I was planning a Mega Monday Mash-up post for the blog and challenged myself to use 4 products all by different designers that have the exact same name in the store, (it was Home...., hmmm, Home-something? I forget but my page has a "There's no place like home" kind of vibe and theme to it) but then Photoshop crashed and I got confused crediting, it was all a bit stressful. Anyhow, I know from previous games here, you guys are so clever, so can you help me out?

I do know I used a different type of scrapping product by each designer, and each product had a different feature I loved, and the parts I used were all different colours/colors.
    (And sorry, nope, I didn't save the layered file, and oops! I must have deleted all the kits and my order history somehow so you'll just have to rely on my notes which, once again, are a mess!)

What you need to do:
    Can you help me figure out who designed which product?
    What feature did I love about each product?
    And what colour products did I use?

AND, if you want a BONUS entry in the random draw, figure out the exact name of the products I used, and send me a link to one of the products from the designers I used! (hint: it's Home-something, but you might have to do a bit of searching in the store for this part of the challenge).

Below are my notes for this logic puzzle challenge and a grid to help you sort through the information. There's also some tips on how to use the grid with an example in the next post if you are new or need a reminder about how these puzzles work if you keep scrolling down. Good luck!

1. The main background paper I used was navy blue. I have a great collection of papers by Allison Pennington, but the paper pack I used this time wasn't designed by her.

2. Kristin Aagard always has the cutest illustrations, I just can't resist them! But there was no gold in this kit of hers.

3. I love birds and pocket cards, especially when a bird is on a pocket card! The one I used was not designed by ForeverJoy or Allison Pennington though.

4. The alpha was not designed by Elif but it was the gold item I used. ForeverJoy created the chevron item I used, but neither ForeverJoy nor Elif made the rainbow colored product.

DSD2022LogicGame-grid.jpg

Submitting answers: After you have figured out the answer, send me (bellbird) a conversation with each designer's name, the product I used of theirs, it's special feature, as well as the color of it, just like in the bottom part of the grid. If you want the bonus entry, please put in the product name (Home ----) and a store link to one of the products I used too.
    To do this, go to your TLP Inbox (the little envelope up next to your avatar on the top of this page), click it and select 'Start A Conversation) and put my name (bellbird) in Participants.
    You don't have to send me your whole worked out grid, just your answer is fine. I'll reply & let you know I've received it. If there's still time & you're not quite right, I'll send you back a message, letting you know so you can have another go, so maybe don't leave this game until the last minute! And please don't post any answers in this thread so that others can play too.

Deadline & Prize Info: This game closes on Tuesday, October 4 at 11 am EDT. so you have until then to send me your answers. If you have them all right, you get an entry in the random draw for a $3 coupon to the store.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    Kristin Aagard, norton94 and umyesh like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

** How to use a logic grid & example **

If you haven't worked on a logic puzzle before, here are some tips for solving them.

Usually you are asked to match up sets of things and given a list of clues.
    Each thing listed in each set will only be used once for the final result but with many possible combinations initially.
    It might be a list of women who visit different hairdressers and have different colour hair.
    You might need to match up each woman's first name, surname, hair colour and the hairsalon they visit.
    Thinking of each clue as giving you true and false answers can help.

(Example Clue 1. Jane has brown hair).
    What is the truth in this fact and how do you record it in the grid?
    In the grid, you would put a tick/check mark in the box that corresponds to Jane and brown hair colour because this fact confirms Jane's hair colour, but this clue also tells you there is no possibility of Jane having any other hair colour AND that all the other women do not have brown hair. So if we use ticks/checks to show true facts and crosses for what is false, we can narrow down the options for the other women.
    exampleclue1-grid300px.jpg
    The next clue (Example Clue 2. Sarah does not have grey or red hair.) may not give you any facts that you can tick/check but you can still add crosses to the grid to show the information you got out of it. A cross should already be in the Sarah/brown hair box, so now adding it to what we learnt from the previous clue, we know that Sarah does not have brown, grey or red hair and we are closer to figuring out what colour hair she actually has, just by ruling out possibilities. She must have either blonde or black hair.
    exampleclue2-grid300px.jpg
    Other clues like Clue 3 may seem unrelated by itself but the grid helps you see how the information is linked. (Example Clue 3. The blonde woman goes to Prime Cuts)
    exampleclue3a-grid660px.jpg
    But by adding it to the previous clues, you can rule out & cross out PrimeCuts as Jane's Hair salon because we already know she has brown hair from Clue 1 and is not blonde.
    Depending on further clues, if Sarah does turn out to be the blonde one, we'll know she attends Prime Cuts; if she turns out to have black hair, we can rule out Prime Cuts as her hair salon as well, but we don't know yet.
    exampleclue3b-grid660px.jpg

So finally, make sure you go through the whole list of clues more than once, using the grid to double check you have recorded all the information, both the true and false kind of information, each clue holds to help you solve the puzzle. Remember each thing in each list set can be used only once in the answer.

JenEm, Kristin Aagard and umyesh like this.
  3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I love your logic puzzles Justine!

bellbird likes this.
  4. Kristin Aagard

Kristin Aagard Designer

This is super fun Justine! I'm going to work on this just because I love a good puzzle!

bellbird likes this.
  5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

someone had too much caffine, to think this up ...

Lime likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Makes my eyes cross...

7. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I sent in my guess - not easy!

bellbird likes this.
  9. Lime

Lime Active Member

I love these! But I probably wouldn’t be able to do it in the time allowed.

10. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

You have until Tuesday, October 4 at 11 am EDT @Lime - give it a go! :yup

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    bellbird and Lime like this.
  11. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I do run on caffeine somedays but I've run a logic grid game for the last few years on DSD & maybe another event or 2, it's had good feedback previously or I wouldn't bother - we have quite a few super sleuths hang out in the forum here & try to have a range of activities & challenges that cater for a broad range interests. If this challenge isn't your cup of tea, there should be something else more up your alley in the DSD Party Pad because we try to have something for everyone:)

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I really like these too, more than Wordle & other sorts of puzzles & Yep, Jen's right! You should have time in between shopping & scrapping & maybe sleeping!

14. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

I sent my answers

bellbird likes this.
  15. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Bart loves puzzles!
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  16. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

oh my.... this is beyond my capabilities at this time in life (old age + health conditions that have me doped to no end LOL) but I am here with some lover boy.....
    [​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  18. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

19. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Thanks for this game, it was super fun!!! I just sent in my answers!!

bellbird likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Catching up with my conversations from over (my) night! It looks like this was too easy or maybe just the right amount of hard!