Holidays...because..like..they're right around the corner...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mlpieters, Nov 5, 2009.

1. mlpieters

mlpieters the princess of PINK

Holidays...because..like..they're right around the corner...

Anyone ready? Got plans?

I'm so not ready. This year has monumentally flown by for me. We're suppose to go to the mountains for Thanksgiving - but the man has a new job and does not have Friday off...and the last offspring living at home doesn't think she has been granted days off either. *sigh* So I'm actually thinking of living on the wild side and...wait for it....going by MYSELF...gasp! I mean, I think I'll be the slave chained to the kitchen ON thanksgiving day...but weeeeeee...:jumpey

as for christmas - the eldest not living at home off spring is coming home from college. :happyclap it will be nice to see my baby! but i don't think we're putting up a tree this year because it looks like a move to the Springs might be in order. right around or after christmas.

so...life is like this for me :run i think new year's needs this :wine

wassup with you?

2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

My parents *just* bought a house here (like, yesterday) and are moving from California right around Thanksgiving. Not sure if they'll actually be here for the holiday - probably not. So just John, me and the girls. Christmas will be with the 'rents.

You crack me up. The Man and the offspring! :giggle

3. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

We dont celebrate thanks giving so our next hoilday is christmas,for christmas day i have done the daughter in law nice thing lol and invited them round for dinner i may live to regret that but hey never mind then boxing day my parents are coming for dinner so double fun hey,inbetween that i will be just eating drinking and sleeping

4. mrs2a50

And really, when it comes to parents and in-laws, who needs sleeping when you can drink, right? :wine

5. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Oh wow you have changes on the horizon Lauren! How fun to have some you time around Thanksgiving! And big Yays! for your baby coming home for Christmas!

Julie that sounds simply fabulous!

Karen, good on ya for being the "nice daughter-in-law" lol! Hope the holiday is fabulous!

6. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I can't believe how fast the year has flown! It's been a bit of a doozy of a year though so I'm really really looking forward to the holidays. They always fill me with warm fuzzies. It will just be DH, me and bugga for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. This will be the second year where we don't travel for the holidays and we're looking forward to just "being" and enjoying making our family traditions and all that good stuff.

7. renee82

renee82 renee82

Sounds like everyone is gearing up slowly...

Lauren, sounds like you have a lot of change in the near future... good luck.

Karen, I know how you feel.... :P

Sara, been there done that... it's actually sort of nice to spend time with just the immediate family at times. It really lets you enjoy your little ones. Doesn't it.?

We already celebrated our Thanksgiving here in Canada so for us Christmas is the next holiday. I actually have to work this Christmas which is a real bummer, but we'll just have to make the best of it. On Christmas day I'm actually just on call so hopefully they'll only call me in after the kids have opened their gifts but I'll miss the traditional Gingerbread House decorating that we started last year... well in reality it was a gingerbread sleigh but the kids had fun anyways! My mom will be spending Christmas eve with DH and the kids since my Dad is working nights too. So it will be a busy holiday for us and we still have dinners to attend just not on the actual days.

8. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

It's so great to hear what you are all up to in the next several weeks! My family and my husband's family are all very near by, and so we have numerous gatherings going on starting Thanksgiving and ending on January 2! I LOVE thanksgiving because it seems to be the one holiday that has not become commercialized here in America! It's all about family and friends and being thankful for everything we have! Can't complain about the good food either! :) Christmas has been scaled back immensly for our families and we have made it more about just getting together and enjoying the company. Gifts have gotten cut back on, and I don't mind that a bit! I am not a shopper at all, so luckily I don't have a ton fo gifts to get!

It'll be here before we know it!

9. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

I can't believe it's already upon us and I'm so jealous of everyone who knows what they've got planned. We're still tossing around plans for the upcoming holidays. We usually host Thanksgiving but being in n apartment has kind of cramped our style. Man, I can't wait until our lease is up. We'll be heading to my sister's the day after Christmas for a few days though so I'm really looking forward to that.

10. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

how can it be almost Christmas already!?! we're heading to spend 2wks w/ my parents... will be a good, sober time. ;) the kids are SO excited...

11. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I was just talking to DH about this earlier this week. I try to get most of the shopping and preps done in November but it has so snuck up on me! But I still think I can do it. For Thanksgiving we are going to the in laws and then we will stay home for Christmas. I think my mom and her husband will join us.

12. dst212 (Daniela)

dst212 (Daniela) New Member

Oh, I have no idea about holidays... All I know is that:
    1- There's no Thanksgiving here
    2- December will be turmoil and commotion around here (more on that later)
    3- I want to spend Christmas at my own home

That's about it. All the rest needs to be figured out.

13. mlpieters

i seriously forgot about all the good food that's coming up. woo hoo to that! being prior military we've done all shapes and sizes of holidays - with family, without family, with military, etc etc etc. you just make it work with whatever you have, right?

julie i can't wait to see the holiday photo of the girls!

14. mrs2a50

I am SO clueless this year!!

15. InLoveWithDOTS

InLoveWithDOTS scrapping graduate

I started Christmas shopping yesterday when I was walking past PacSun in the mall! GREAT deals!

I have also started a couple calendar projects for gifts, but seem to have stalled out.

I am going on a sb'ing weekend next weekend (havent done that in YEARS) so maybe I will get them done then!

16. mlpieters

ooo...a scrapbook weekend....*dreamy eyed*

17. Paula

Paula Kicks Challenge Butt!

My parents had to move in with my brother, so we're staying home.

18. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

I am sure you are so excited about your college baby coming home for a visit Lauren! That will be exciting.

We are going to my Sister's for Thanksgiving. She moved to a new house closer to us (IL) so I'm excited that it will be a short 8 hour drive (instead of 22) to see her and her family. My parents will be meeting us all there.

Then for Christmas, my DH's family is all coming. YIKES. So not ready!!

19. Gina Marie

Gina Marie Loved for her coupons

Lots of driving (2 trips of 6 hours each way) just myself & 2 kiddos (3 & 1) back & forth to Wisconsin. Dave is a pilot & will be on work trips. What kind of drug sedates kids? LOL

20. jstbkuz

jstbkuz needs a spanking

well i am pretty much done shopping for my kids

need to get hubby a remote control still, we already got him a hand life cast from weepiggies and paws. I hope he likes it. And then I am going to blow him up a picture of the 3 of us!

as for ready.. never!