Hobbies | Pad Patter 1.1

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jan 1, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Happy New Year!! How perfect is it that January is National Hobby Month and MOC?!
    I'm not sure I'll be taking up any new hobbies this month since MOC will be my focus :giggle
    Many of my hobbies besides scrapping are more outdoor weather hobbies, which is another reason I hate being cooped up in the winter but, as soon as I find some time, I would like to pick up my knitting or crocheting again.

Other than scrapping, what hobbies do you have? Are you interested in picking up any new ones??

G.J. and umyesh like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have entirely too many hobbies, but I still love to learn new things, so I never say no to a new hobby. Lol! Other than scrapbooking, I love to read, crochet, paint, art journal and woodworking. I also used to do a LOT of stained glass, card making, rubber stamping, cross stitch, and jewelry making. My hubby loves to watch TV, so I really like having small projects I can work on while watching TV with him. I hate just sitting around doing nothing. Lol.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I only scrap these days but pre scrapping I was heavily into postage stamp collecting & exhibiting though I haven’t done that for about 20 years (I still have everything though and want to eventually go back to it)

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Scrapping is my main hobby. I do enjoy reading but I have to be in the right mood. I tried reading this summer and I kept falling asleep and after getting my eyes checked I think that might have been my issue. My eyes were working too hard since my near vision had gotten worse. Maybe with the new glasses, that will be better. I can't do audio books either.

I also enjoy jigsaw puzzles but usually only in the month of December. That was something that my dad and I shared a love for doing. So doing them in December makes me feel closer to him and helps to chase the SAD away.

I still have all my embroidery floss and some counted cross stitch patterns but that is something I haven't done for about 10 years. Maybe again someday. Who knows.

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Photography . . . scrapbooking . . . documenting my life . . . are my main hobbies.
    I also read a lot.
    I know how to knit and cross stitch but haven't done either in years.
    I watch some shows regularly on YouTube, so I should call that a hobby probably.
    And I don't just hike for exercise -- I really enjoy exploring the world -- so I'm going to add that to my list.
    Speaking of exploring the world, something I'd most like to add to my list of hobbies is traveling. I haven't been able to do it a lot yet though.

6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I enjoy reading, playing sports, kayaking and fishing. But mostly scrapping haha

7. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Scrapbooking and photography are my main hobbies but I love everything crafty! I knit and crochet occasionally and many years ago I did cross stitching. Before the pandemic I used to play with ceramic clay, both turning clay, rolling and sculpturing. That was a fun hobby, but also quite expensive.

I love to hike and just spend time in the nature. I would love to go on longer hikes. I read and this year I want to read more, last two years have been low points on my reading!

One thing I would love to try is felting, I love those little felted woodland animals and fairies on Pinterest.

8. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Yarn! I've always have several projects going on, both knitting and crochet. Yarn keeps me sane.

Also I love cooking, and reading recipes, planning food, eat food. Is food a hobby though? I'm not sure. But I'm really interested in everything related to food.

9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of hobbies. I scrap and listen to audiobooks the most consistently. I've been doing a lot of crocheting this year, so for now that's on the list, too. My other hobbies are all things I used to do a lot before I started scrapping (so 18+ years ago) and will now do periodically. I sew, do needlepoint, and make jewelry. I spent yesterday sewing a few project bags to hold crochet stuff.

10. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Other than scrapping, Photography and Tai Chi are my two main hobbies at the moment. I’m also a planner nerd. I did more crochet during the pandemic lock downs but it bothered my finger joints so I’ve stopped that. :cry

11. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

Scrapping and Photography are my main hobbies. I also love to read but have never considered that a hobby. This past year I got into quilting (I had made one quilt about 5 years ago) and made 4 new quilts in 2022. I have 3 or 4 quilt projects I want to make in 2023- including a quilted jacket I have planned to make for my mom for her birthday in September. I have been a Stay-at-home-mom since my oldest was born (he will be 23 this week) but have a new job that I am starting this week, so we will have to see how much time I will have to work on hobbies with the new job. I will be editing photograph files for a local photographer studio, so I will spend all work-day in Lightroom and Photoshop so I have a feeling my scrapping might be less this year as I might want to do something other than being on the computer when I get off of work.

G.J. likes this.
  12. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I have a few hobbies including scrapbooking. I took up gardening during lock down and love spending time outside , watching all the flowers bloom. I have always been a massive reader, and try to read every day. I also like to hula hoop although that's on hold at the moment due to injury to my hip. I have just taken up pilates and meditation and determined to stick to it this year.

G.J. likes this.
  13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I bought some woobles crochet kits to teach myself how to crochet during my cruise at the end of the month.
    Also Pokemon Go is probably a hobby for all the time I spend on it, lol

G.J. likes this.
  14. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Reading (especially novels and history), baking, family history research.

15. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I write letters - I have several pen pals that I correspond with... and jigsaw puzzles - oh they relax me! My hubby gifted me with a 5000 piece that we started on New Years Eve. It's going to take awhile so for now our dinning room table is off limits! 321554577_895990291408723_4677866375722620824_n.jpg

Angela Toucan likes this.
  16. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Happy New Year my dear!
    Reading, baking, cooking, dancing, but my favorite hobby is crochet. Of course, scrapping is and will be always number 1, so crocheting is number 2.

17. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

If board games, card games, video games (only a few) and puzzle building count, then that would be some. I also like adult coloring, puzzle books like sudoku and logic grid. Photography is another that I love along with yoga and dancing/singing/theatre.

18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Besides scrapbooking: photography, reading, cooking ... I have planned to go more outside for a walk ... Last year I bought a few books about hand lettering ... but unfortunately they are still there .. not used . ..