Hobbies, Crafts, and Art Supplies | Pad Patter 06.03.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, Jun 3, 2023.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Me too! I love all sorts of art, but my heart goes pitter patter when I see random bits of paint on collage.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. ArmyGrl

Right!!! I think there are quite a few of us that would make a great crafters circle!

The Speedball and rubber block came in yesterday (Tuesday). After seeing a video on how easy it is to transfer soft graphite from tracing paper to the block I made the decision to buy!!! I'm excited for the weekend to come and my creative muse to engage.

I totally understand what you mean about the Dylusion Sprays. Those alcohol inks I bought are the same way. I had two very beautiful mixed media collage pieces coming together really well. Then I decided to dabble a bit of the alcohol ink onto them for contrasting color....the ink didn't spread quite right and no acrylic paint will cover them (or gesso for that matter). Sometimes there are happy accidents. Sometimes there are crappy accidents...and I tend to have more crappy ones with the alcohol inks.

Karen likes this.
  3. ArmyGrl

Totally agree! For now I've decided on pure liquid Dr. Ph. Martin Hydrus Watercolors. I did a project earlier in the year with random paper dying using inks and coffee + an iron. The heat from the iron burns the coffee and leaves such wonderful marks on the paper. I've been wanting to get my hands on non-toxic, water based inks or dyes. I am hoping these liquid watercolors will do the trick.

Anyways, I've got my eyes on the Windsor and Newton tube sets should the pure liquid watercolor not work well for "traditional" watercolor. I'm still on the fence between pan vs tube. It seems like a good thing about tubes is that one could dry them on a palette....extending their use.

4. ArmyGrl

@Nemla I could quote your whole post :love Probably should have done so above.

Intervention? Nah! Get what you can afford and what makes your heart happy. There is such a wide variety of art supplies. No problem trying a bit of this, a bit of that, to see what resonates and multiplies the happy factor.

I took a peak at pan pastels. :beat I can see how those would work well with stencils. Yum.

Nemla likes this.
  5. ArmyGrl

Woohoo! I see a craft room in your future!! Haha!

6. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

Oh my goodness Lisa this is an amazing thread. Seriously. I LOVE seeing like-minded people since where I live there aren't too many people that do these types of "crafts". I cannot paint or draw (and I've been asked to leave several high school, college, and community classes because there is no hope for me), but I do love to sew, quilt, scrapbook, and now make cards. I find that I'm not a mixed media person per se (I can't figure out where all those things go together to make something artsy and not like my preschool grandson mixed the mediums together). However, I am enjoying adding texture to my cards. Also, I just got the gumption to buy some foiling stuff because of y'all here. I'm just starting and am trying not to go overboard. I still can't ink worth a darn so right now I'd have to say all my ink pads are falling into that big fat "regret" pile, but Dawn swears I can add some color to my pages by painting with them. We will see. She may have more faith in me than I do!

Y'all post your projects somewhere so I can see!!!!!

Karen likes this.
  7. ArmyGrl

:rollinYou are hilarious! If you are not good at painting or drawing, thats okay. 'Cause you are one fabulous and talented card maker and hybrid crafter. Girl, your talents are there!