Hi!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by scrapfor5, Jun 27, 2016.

1. scrapfor5

scrapfor5 Member

Hi! I'm Dawn. I'm a 40-something mom of 5 (4 boys and 1 girl), Nanna to one adorable 2 yo girl, and wife of 26 years to my wonderful hubby. We live in an itty-bitty town in southeast Missouri. I am an avid runner and I was running almost every day because I was training for a half-marathon this fall, until the beginning of May when I had a disc fracture so I had to have surgery. It re-fractured within a week and a fragment punctured my spinal cord so another surgery to patch that. So, right now, I'm recovering from two back surgeries within three weeks of each other so I'm getting back into digi scrapping since I can't do anything else! I actually have kits dating back to 2005!! I was very active until about 2008 then life got in the way. Not to mention an old computer that wouldn't run Photoshop anymore. Lol. I wish I wouldn't have let it. I forgot how much I enjoy this.

I just started the pocket style and I am loving it! I can now go back through my pictures and the months where I didn't take very many or had just "event" pictures; I can do them pocket style and they'll still look great!

I will have to return to work eventually so my scrapping time will become more limited but I am hoping to stay more involved. I tend to be more of a lurker/reader and I do not post a lot, so don't be surprised. lol

2. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hi Dawn, it's a pleasure to meet you! I am so sorry about your back problems, that sounds horrible. I'm glad you've found your way back to an old hobby and especially here at the Lilypad. I'm a huge fan of pocket scrapping too. Can't wait to see some of your work.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  3. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

Hi Dawn, a bigh welcome to TLP <3

scrapfor5 likes this.
  4. scrapfor5

scrapfor5 Member

Thank you! So far, everything is healing nicely as long as I remember I'm not Superwoman and don't jump back into doing everything that I normally do! lol. As far as my work, this isn't an open gallery, and I don't have very much TLP stuff. Most of my older layouts were, unfortunately, at galleries that are now long closed. I have pages at SSD and DGC recently. There really isn't a lot of digital scrapbooking sites left. :(

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

a big ol' welcome to the pad, would love to have you join us in the chat room today at the top of the hour!

scrapfor5 likes this.
  6. dagi

dagi Aiming high

hello there Dawn and welcome to TLP! :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome, relax and join the fun.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi, Dawn! Welcome to TLP!!

scrapfor5 likes this.
  9. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Watch for our BYOC (Build Your Own Collection) for July, coming next weekend. You'll be sure to find some things to tickle your fancy at prices you won't be able to resist! We only require that 50% of the products you use be from TLP, the rest can be from other sources :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

hey Dawn! that sounds so painful and hard to deal with for someone used to being very active. hope you are not in too much pain ... happy you found your way here though! Welcome!!! :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  11. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Dawn and Welcome to The Lilypad!

scrapfor5 likes this.
  12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Dawn and welcome to the Lilypad! I hope your back heals quickly. And I hope you enjoy your time here.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  13. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Hi Dawn. Welcome to The Pad! :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  14. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Welcome, TLP will soon have you feeling better! :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yikes! That sounds awful to have two back surgeries so close together to recover from, but I think finding your way back to scrapping will be great to keep you busy while you recuperate! Glad to have you here. :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome Dawn! Two back stories! Oh my. I hope you keep healing well. And I hope you find scrapping too enticing to give up when you return to work! :giggle

Lovely layouts you have shared so far! You should check out SOSN (Something old, something new) as well if you are looking to build your stash. It's on Wednesdays.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  17. scrapfor5

scrapfor5 Member

Thank you! And, I'm filling my cart right now! hehe! Way back when, I had a lot of digi kits and things from here but most of it was from designers that are either retired or no longer here, so that's why I don't have very much stuff. I wasn't active on the site, I just shopped the store.

bestcee likes this.
  18. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Welcome! Hope the scrap therapy helps your recovery time pass more quickly. :)

scrapfor5 likes this.
  19. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Hi and welcome again. Two back surgeries sounds painful, but hopefully they were close enough together to not double the pain. Makes me cringe. Pocket style may be easier to keep up with when you go back to work. I may try it for July myself.
    I like how you can pick your pics and fill in the rest later. Keep hanging around.
    This place is so friendly and homey you'll start posting more. I don't think I've made 3000 posts total on different sites and I'm getting close here at TLP. I am a very quiet person even on forums.

scrapfor5 likes this.
  20. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Welcome to The Pad! You are well on your way to de-lurking. :woot

scrapfor5 likes this.