Hi from Michigan

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by NancyP, Jan 6, 2016.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OK, you knock me out, throw me in the back seat, and drive me across. Just don't let me know we are on that bridge!!!! Now the camping and backpacking??? LOVE IT!!!!!

Karen likes this.
  2. NancyP

OK, are ya ready for this??? Lived in Daytona Beach for 22 years and moved back to Michigan after retirement!! Yeah, I know, when people retire, they move to Florida!!! Sorry, but did NOT like Florida!!! I mean, when a palmetto bug is so big it can walk off with your dinner plate--NO THANKS!!!!! And in the summer time, you just walk from your air conditioned house to your air conditioned car, you don't need a bath that day----you just took one!!!! In sweat!!!!! OK, I'll admit----I LOVE Disney World!!!! It was my 2nd home!!!!

meterr likes this.
  3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

People ask me why I moved from Florida to Scandinavia and they don't believe me when I say I hated FL! You get it!!!

Karen, Lhmcgrady and bestcee like this.
  4. NancyP

WOW! Lorry! Now I don't feel so bad just going from Florida to Michigan!! But I hear Scandinavia is beautiful!! Unfortunately, I am a BIG chicken and won't leave my country. I'm scared they won't let me back in!!!! :(

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hello and welcome!
    I never made it to the UP. I lived in Ann Arbor for a few months as a kid, and of course, across the border in Southern Ontario for a couple of years! We prefer the crossing at Port Huron over Detroit any day. I may have to arrange for a longer stay in Michigan next time I'm out that way!

meterr likes this.
  6. Lhmcgrady

Lhmcgrady M-I-C ... See ya real soon!

Oh my goodness!! I am originally from Jacksonville (my parents live just an hour north of Daytona :) though I now live in Tallahassee because I went away to college and never went back home. I've seen several palmetto bugs that could walk off with the dishes in my day and the humidity is BRUTAL on my frizzy hair!! But it's all I've ever known... :)

At least you had 22 years down the road from the Mouse!! I would love to live that close while the kids are young.

7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

What is wrong with crossing the Big Mac!!!? just stay on the paved part and drive. No big deal! The UP is so beautiful! As long as you don't let the bugs carry you away! LOL Lake Superior is the cleanest water you will ever swim in!
    Here is a information page for those who don't know what the 'Big Mac' is
    http://www.mackinacbridge.org/about-the-bridge-8/

Karen likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Welcome @NancyP ! You sound like a hoot! I did a report about Michigan in 4th grade, that's about my only connection to Michigan. Born & raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. I look forward to seeing you more around the pad.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh! It's just the bridge, well okay then! You can get there the long way around through Wisconsin then. :)

10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

are you the Nancy who CT for Karen back in 2009 then ? I was wondering as you sounded and look familiar, but my memory isn't always accurate.....?

11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hi @NancyP ! I grew up north of GR, lived in GR for a few years while in college, then moved to Ann Arbor for 5 yrs. My in-laws were in Midland, but they sold their home a few years ago and now live about 15 or 20 min from Mackinaw. And DH and I both have family and friends all over MI, so we visit a few times a year. It's a beautiful state with wonderful people! I miss the summers but not the winters. :)

Karen, bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  12. MrsPeel

Sara????????? how are you!!!????!!!!!
    Oh I was thinking about you and where were you two days ago!!!!!!
    Are you doing MOC? oh so great to see you again!!!!!!!!!!! things keep getting better and better...I cant see myself sleeping much in the next 3 weeks
    :giggle

Tree City likes this.
  13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hi Nancy, Welcome!

14. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Ha! Your intro post made me laugh. I've never met a troll before. A huge warm welcome to you :)

Karen likes this.
  15. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I love it here and haven't had any problems getting back in ;) although it has been a couple years. My parents are still in Florida so that's where we always visit and I try to do it when it's "cold" (by Florida standards) to avoid the bath of sweat problem.

16. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Welcome Nancy. You guys are killing me with these posts. I'm a displaced Pittsburgher living in French Canada so I totally get the geography references. I guess if I used my hands it would be just one finger pointing up... So that might not be the best way to describe where I live now. And the US has always let me back to visit. I just have to leave my sled and huskies at the border.

bestcee and lorryfach like this.
  17. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

No one at the Lilypad will every make you do anything you do not want to do. I can guarantee. We might tempt you to step outside some boundaries, but I promise it will be fun!

Karen likes this.
  18. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

Okay, I'm pointing to my hand and.... umm, I'm only seeing wrinkles. Oh, well... Welcome!!

Karen likes this.
  19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hello friend! :) I'm trying to do MOC, but life keeps getting in the way. ;) I hope to complete a few LOs today though! (Before last week, I hadn't sat down and truly scrapped in about a year. Such a bummer!)

@NancyP my ILs were just traveling around the east side of MI yesterday. Hearing them talk about where they'd been made me think of your thread here and all the fun talk of MI. :beat

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. MrsPeel

I thought so!!!! I 'm so glad to have you around again!!! Hope you can do it all... I know how intrusive life can be of our scrapping!! LOL.
    I lll save some time for your gallery!!!!!

Tree City likes this.