Hi from Michigan

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by NancyP, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Good Golly! I didn't know there were so many trolls in here! :giggle I'm another troll... pointing the other side of my hand. I'm in the SW corner of Michigan right on Lake Michigan (St. Joe). Straight across from Chicago. Welcome to the Lilypad Nancy!

2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Fellow Michigander here too!!! Near G. Rapids. Welcome!

Karen likes this.
  3. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

Welcome to TLP. Glad you found your way here!

4. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

Hi @NancyP! Welcome to The Lilypad!

5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, goodness!!! I'm just going to have to plan a drive around Michigan this coming Summer and get to meet all you Trolls!! Sorry, Yupers, I DON'T go across that bridge!!! Not unless someone drugs me and drives me across!!!!

Karen and yzerbear19 like this.
  6. yzerbear19

yzerbear19 CT - Krista Sahlin

Me too! I like looking at the Mighty Mac and will take a ferry to the island, but you couldn't pay me to drive across the bridge. My family did that once when I was kid and was freaky!!!

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

8. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I am a Michigander by birth. As strange as it sounds Karen, see above, and I grew up in the same area and went to the same high school although many years apart. My husband and I lived in Marquette and Escanaba where we each had our first post college jobs. We drove the bridge many times to go home to SW Michigan. We moved to Wisconsin for my husband's job and we are now on the other side of Lake Michigan between Green Bay and Milwaukee. I still have to stop and think of directions because the Lake is now east and not west as when we grew up. I think it is funny that my grandfather was born in Wisconsin and moved to Michigan and I was born in Michigan and moved to Wisconsin. Anyway, welcome to TLP. What a great time to come with MOC going on. Enjoy.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    MrsPeel likes this.
  9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

The one and only time I went across that bridge was on the back of a motorcycle!!!! Try that on for size!!! That finished me with the Mighty Mac!!!!

10. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Yay!! Welcome NancyP!!! It's so awesome to have you here...you definitely came during an exciting time here at the Pad!!

11. Lhmcgrady

Lhmcgrady M-I-C ... See ya real soon!

Hello Nancy!! I live in Florida and I've never been to Michigan. But after reading all of this, I feel like I want to visit just to see where you ALL live. :) Though, I think I'll come during the summer months. Floridians don't do snow ;)

I'm happy you're here and LOVED reading your intro :heartlub

12. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Nancy you sound delightful and so much FUN! Welcome to TLP!!!

13. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

ROFL...love all the Michigan funnies...fellow Michigander here too!!! I am in the West Michigan area...Holland. Tulip Time...if you haven't come to visit Holland during Tulip Time you MUST!!! Welcome to the pad! You will love it here!

14. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Lisa...you shall come up to MI - it is great - expecially during the summer! Plus, many people from our state head down to your state in the winter to escape the snow...so it can be "ghost-town like" in the dead of winter! Some day I hope to move down to the sunny South - born and raised here in MI and I can't stand winters...go figure!

Lhmcgrady likes this.
  15. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

My oh my this must be the Michigander thread!!! I live in warren and have never been up north. All my customers make fun of me because I have been to China better never to mackinac island. I guess I am a troll too? I am originally from Chicago so I don't know all the michigan lingo!

Karen likes this.
  16. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Welcome Nancy, what a gorgeous troll you are!! :) I think all of you Michigan ladies should meet up and have a ball!! :) I am from downunder, so does that make me a aussie troll???? :lol:lol

jesskab likes this.
  17. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I use my hand to show where I grew up in Florida. Well ok, just the thumb and pointer. :giggle

Lindzee and Lhmcgrady like this.
  18. Karen

Really? How cool is that!? Did I know this already? Such a small world!

19. Karen

Aw c'mon! There is so much beauty up in the U.P. 'eh? We LOVE to go up there for our camping trips. Lots of nature to behold up there! We just did Mackinac Island for the first time WITH our kids this summer. They loved it and we had a wonderful time. :) Then we headed across to the western most edge of the UP and did some hard core backpacking. Like only things we had were in our backpack and eating freeze dried backpacking meals. :)

20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!