Hi from Michigan

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by NancyP, Jan 6, 2016.

1. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, I have been jumping around posting here and there and you are all probably wondering "who is this lady???" I'm Nancy and go by NancyP on the site and I am so excited to be here!! Been looking for a new home and when the name The Lily Pad popped up on my computer for whatever reason for the third time this week----I took the hint!!! I'm 76 years young (Yep! Love my age!) and am addicted to digi scrapping after years of paper. I also enjoy some hybrid here and there. I live in NE Michigan about 2 hours below the bridge so I am considered a Troll. You know----under the bridge???? OK--never mind!!! Those poor folks above the bridge are called Yupers because the live in the UP---you know; Upper Peninsula? OK--never mind!!! Anyway, I LOVE challenges and I see you have a wopper going for January!! Now to just get me some kits and have at it!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you all!!

norton94, KarenB, Tree City and 11 others like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am 52, and have wanted to be "old" my whole life, cause you get away with everything when you are 2 and not again until you are "old" You shall be my favorite troll every!!! Can't wait to see your pages and laugh with you more!

norton94, jesskab and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  3. dagi

dagi Aiming high

nice intro, @NancyP :). it's lovely to meet you!

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

5. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Hey, @NancyP . Welcome to The Lilypad! So glad we popped up on your internet and you hopped on over :giggle

Looking forward to seeing your art and getting to know you better. Holler if you have any questions!

6. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

HI Nancy!! Weve been in other scrappy communities together in the past! Im troll too! I was born at the U of M hospital, but my hometown is Port Huron **pointing to my thumb knuckle** I now live near the Mi/Ohio border** pointing near my wrist**
    Thats how we Michiganders show where we are from! We use our hand!!!

bestcee, LoveItScrapIt and yzerbear19 like this.
  7. NancyP

Hay there Terri!!!! My gosh, its been a long time! How have you been? Yep, if you look at the pointer finger, I live half way between the knuckle and the end of the fingernail. Right on the shores of Lake Huron.

jesskab and meterr like this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh, @NancyP ! Your enthusiasm is contagious! Welcome to this corner of the internet! You have found a wonderful home, welcome!

9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

10. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I've been OK! So glad to see you again!!! I love Lake Huron, and miss it so much, being landlocked down here!

11. yzerbear19

yzerbear19 CT - Krista Sahlin

Welcome Nancy! Hi from another troll. LOL I live about 2 hours north of Detroit and 3 hours south of the bridge along the I-75 corridor. ;) Great to see another Michigander here. :)

meterr likes this.
  12. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

Hi Nancy!!! I am so happy you are here!! Welcome to the Lilypad!!! <3

13. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Hi from Chicago! My in-laws live on Lake St. Clair and we spend a lot of time at Crystal Mountain.

14. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Hi old friend

15. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

Welcome from another Michigander!!! So glad you found your way here!

I live in the Detroit area (not really, but close enough). But grew up on the other side of the state in Grand Rapids! Our summer vacation this year will be to my parents timeshare in the Traverse City area, but we hope to visit the UP- Pictured Rocks, Taquamenon Falls (I'll need to learn to spell that word) and Sault Ste Marie.

LoveItScrapIt, meterr and yzerbear19 like this.
  16. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Well Hello!! I also live in Michigan! I'm about 30 north of Ann Arbor! Go Blue! With a lot of ties to the UP as that is where my parents are from. My mother spends her summers on Lake Superior, which is where her summer camp is. About 40 from Copper Harbor. I LOVE living in the Great Lakes State!

LoveItScrapIt, meterr and yzerbear19 like this.
  17. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Welcome Nancy! Glad you're here and cute pic! :beat

18. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

hello Nancy!!!!!!! so glad you are joining the Pad's family..... looking forward to seeing pages of yours!!!!! are you joi9nging us on the MOC (Month of Challenges?) let us know if we can help you with anything you need!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Hi, Nancy! I don't currently live in MI but I'm married to a Troll. We met in college and graduated from Michigan State. Hubby is from the Detroit Metro area and we used to live (a lifetime ago) in one of the southernmost Detroit Metro burbs. We live on the other side of Lake Michigan now in Wisconsin.

meterr likes this.
  20. NancyP

Hummmm, now where have I seen you before?????? :giggle