Hi Everyone.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Lauren LL, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Lauren LL

Lauren LL New Member

hi everyone my name is Lauren and I am new to scrapbooking and the way I found out about you all is because my mom told me about you and I thought it would be good to start scrapbook so here I am starting to scrapbook.

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

You are lucky to start at such a great place! jump in, ask questions and love it! Welcome!

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome Lauren. I hope you settle in and enjoy being here.
    Do not hesitate to ask for any help you may need.

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome Lauren!! So glad your Mom directed you to us!! I can’t wait to see your pages!!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome Lauren. This is a great place - your mom was right! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Again, welcome!!

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi @Lauren LL ! Nice to have you with us and yes, scrapbooking is awesome. My daughter started scrapbooking when she was 11. :) Welcome and have fun!

8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome to TLP, Lauren! So glad to have you here!

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Lauren! (Love your name, my daughter's middle name is actually Lauren! She's 14 now but more interested in real life painting and crochet, but uses her ipad for calligraphy and making mandalas)
    As everyone said, we're glad you and your mom found us and we look forward to helping you learn! Is your mom a member as well?
    So we can point you in the right direction, do you know if you want to scrapbook digitally (like where you put everything together in a program), or more like hybrid (where you print papers and elements and pieces and cut them out and stick them together to make a physical book)? To make sure i see any of your replies, please tag me - just type the @ symbol in front of my username (@bellbird) so i get an alert.

10. Lauren LL

Lauren LL New Member

@bellbird yes my mom is a member as well and I would like to scrapbook digitally or hybrid.

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

That's great! It's wonderful that you will have someone in real life to share this hobby with! I think it should make it easier to learn too!
    Do you have any photo editing programs to use, like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? What program does your mom use (and what's your her username so i can say 'hi'?) Have you had a chance to try creating anything yourself? I usually just make digital pages in Photoshop, I just use my mouse click and drag my photos and papers and pretty scrapbook things like stickers into a new document in that and move things around on the screen to make a whole page that way, but there are some others here that do more 'hybrid'.

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

( :eyeroll i should have tagged you! @Lauren LL -see above post please)

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi Lauren...welcome and ask any questions you might have. There’s always someone around to help.

14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hi Lauren The Lilypad is a great place to call home.
    I personally love the monthly challenges and the 50% off SOSN sales every Wednesday.
    But even browsing the gallery will have you inspired and scrapbooking in no time.

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome Lauren! Shout out if you have ANY questions and need some assistance! We've all started at the beginning! :)

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to The Lilypad Lauren! I'm so glad that your Mom directed you here! It's so cool that you have someone to scrap with in real life too... that makes it even better. :agree

17. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Welcome, Lauren! This is the best place to be when learning to scrap. Everyone is so helpful and patient. Feel free to ask any questions you have because you're sure to get amazing answers to help you out!

18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Lauren, and welcome to the Lilypad!

19. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome Lauren! So glad you are here with us. :)

20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!