Hexagon Scrapbook Kit

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Jibba Jabba, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Jibba Jabba

Jibba Jabba New Member

Hi all. I'm new on this forum and have purchased a few kits for digital scrapbooking. I have purchased a Hexagon kit and I'm a bit unsure as to how it works. There are layouts within the kit and am I right in thinking that each sub kit is relevant to that layout? Hexagons-No.-6.html
    [​IMG]

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi @Jibba Jabba and welcome to The Lilypad!

The product you have purchased that you've linked above is a set of layered templates. The templates allow you to quickly and easily attach papers and photos to the shapes. The layouts that you see are example pages showing what the templates look like when paired with a digital scrapbooking kit. The digital kits are not included with the templates.

What program are you using to scrapbook digitally?

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

@Jibba Jabba
    Like Cheryl said you have purchased a set of templates to help you make digital scrapbook layouts. The example layouts under the template image in the store show how the templates can be used, but the digital scrapbooking kits used to make the layouts are not included with the templates. They can be purchased separately.

These templates come in different formats so they can be used with different scrapbooking programs. The psd and tif formats can be used with photoshop and photoshop elements and the page format is used with artisan software. There are also folders with png files. These folders contain all the png files or layers that make up one of the 4 layout templates. These png files can be used in many programs that don't support the psd, tif or page file formats to rebuild the template by bringing in each png file/layer. I only download the type of file that I need for my software and don't worry about the others. I use PSE 2019 so I can use the psd or tif file formats. You would need to download the file format that works with your scrapbooking program software. I hope that helps answer some of your questions and please let us know if you need further assistance. :agree

4. keepscrappin

@Jibba Jabba
    Here's a layout I made that is shown as one of the examples in the store for this template set.
    [​IMG]
    And here are the supplies I used to make the layout.
    Hexagons No 6 from Designed by Soco
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Hexagons-No.-6.html
    Back to School - Storyteller Aug 2018 add-on by Just Jaimee
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Back-To-School-Digital-Kit-Storyteller-August-2018-Add-on.html

I purchased the Back to School - Storyteller Aug 2018 add-on kit by Just Jaimee separately and used it with the set of templates you linked above to make the example layout. I hope that helps!

5. Jibba Jabba

Jibba Jabba New Member

Thank you so much for your replies. So, as I understand it, I can use both the templates or the hexagon elements together with other digital elements (papers etc) that I already have to compose a page. Is that right?
    I'm using antiquated CraftArtist but I also have PhotoShop Elements. I have downloaded all of the formats so I'll give it a try using the templates with PhotoShop Elements.
    Thanks again!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

Yes, that is correct! :agree Happy scrappin!

7. keepscrappin

@Jibba Jabba here's a video Cheryl made that shows you how to use templates with Photoshop elements.

Hope that helps. :agree

8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Let me know if you need any Craft Artist related help, and welcome to the Lilypad @Jibba Jabba

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  9. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Hi, @Jibba Jabba. You can definitely delete the page file format because that can be used only in Forever's Artisan software.

bestcee likes this.
  10. Jibba Jabba

Jibba Jabba New Member

You're all very kind to reply and I apologise for not responding sooner. Thank you so much x

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. Jibba Jabba

Jibba Jabba New Member

Just watched the video and it's really helped :perfect

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yay! So glad the video helped!

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Glad you got the answers you were looking for & welcome to TLP @Jibba Jabba

Jibba Jabba likes this.