Help with inDesign

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by NancyBeck, Oct 8, 2018.

1. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hi everyone,

I have a customer who is asking for help with using her older templates in inDesign. Is there anyone out there who might be able to answer her question? Here is what she writes:

I purchased some templates a few years ago and I am just getting around to using them. I am trying to use them in inDesign, but they are all .psd format. Is there a tutorial you can point me to in order to learn how to import them into inDesign? The description of the templates says they are Blurb ready - which I assumed was referencing the Blurb inDesign plug-in.

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

NancyBeck likes this.
  3. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Thanks, Jenn! I will make sure she sees this.

Cherylndesigns and jk703 like this.
  4. NBK-Design

NBK-Design Designer

Dont know is that is already talked with the customer. I am indesign pro.
    I think it’s almost not possible. The only way is to export all layers in photoshop as a pngs and then place the png files in indesign. There are tons of scripts exporting indesign layers to photoshop but not vise versa.
    If the customer is still interested I can do a little video how to do that.
    But I think the customer maybe only owns indesign and not photoshop? And for the process you need to open the layered file in photoshop

Nicole | NBK-Design ❤️

5. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

@NancyBeck Just making sure you see Nicole's helpful post above :)

6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

This might be an obvious thing to add but to me, if a template said it was Blurb ready or Shutterfly ready, I would just assume it was their specific size & took into account their bleed margins, not necessarily to use with a plug in unless that was specified in the product description. Sorry I can't help with the InDesign part

enjoyyourpix likes this.