Help with alerts

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by quietgirl, Jan 8, 2016.

1. quietgirl

quietgirl Active Member

I have adjusted my preferences. How do I delete all the alerts I have already received?

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I don't think you can delete alerts. You just view them and then the number goes away.

3. shazzabess

shazzabess Active Member

I have heaps of alerts for people uploading to the gallery.
    How do I turn this off and how do I delete the existing alerts??

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

First, go into your PREFERENCES and turn off the option to watch categories you add media to. It's the 4th one down.

Second, go to each gallery you're getting alerts on, and unwatch each one.
    Here is the member gallery: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/categories/member-galleries.500/ Between the pink "Add Layout" button and the sorting options, there should be an "Unwatch Category" link.

There is no way to delete alerts, but once you view them, the number goes away and you never need to think about them again.

5. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

sorry I am confused and a little lost...If I go to my ALERT preferences under my user icon the 4th one down says "Quotes your message" in the Messages in Threads category, but if I slide down to the 4th category "Gallery" I can not find anything that says watch categories you add media to...I appreciate any help!!! THX

6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

@elk2009 You will need to look under PREFERENCES not alert preferences. Then, you will be able to follow the instructions Lorry gave. Let us know if you need additional help.

7. elk2009

elk2009 Hello, gorgeous

I think I may have found some help in another thread...thx for getting back to me...a little overwhelmed here :)