Help Please?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Angela Udechukwu, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Angela Udechukwu

Angela Udechukwu New Member

I'm new to this. I've purchased kits in the past but Im ready to make my own. Can someone please guide me in the right direction?

Now, I dont draw, so I need something other than drawing please and thank you.

Angela

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Angela @Angela Udechukwu Welcome to The Lilypad! I don't create kits but i don't draw either, I use Photoshop and just drag and drop papers & elements the designers make to just make pages! Have you scrapbooked before? Do you have a programme installed to use? To start with a template can help with design - there's one free each month in the template challenge (this is July's by Allison Pennington) & this tutorial can help if you are using Photoshop Elements https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/video-tutorial-beginners-using-template-in-pse.42551/

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You want to become a designer? That's awesome!
    I don't think we have any tutorials specifically for that. There are CU items in the store - which mean commercial use. You do have to read the terms of use to see what you can and can't do with them. But that might be a place for you to start looking.

bellbird likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

As an ex-designer my best advice is to play with your software, find out what it can do and experiment. Don't try to make a kit straight way, just experiment. If you are an artist you could scan in painted images for backgrounds etc. If you are a photographer you can use photos to create textures and images for your papers/elements. One of the textures I found the most fun to play with was the photo of a cabbage cut in half. If you are good at extracting you could take photos of flowers and leaves etc and use them as elements in your kit. I never did get good enough to do clean cutouts though, but I can draw so drew stuff instead.

bestcee likes this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I am not a designer either, but when I do dabble I make sure anything I do is 300 dpi , and not to small. Depending what program you have the easiest to start with would be papers, and then you can cut them in to shapes later.
    Welcome to the Lilypad. One thing to be aware of is that to post in the gallery here, at least 50 % of your page needs to be from a Lily pad designer .If you get one of the collabs that will take you a long way, and you will have a nice variety of styles. Have fun.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Welcome to the Pad, Angela. I wish I could help. I'd LOVE to be able to design, but can't help you there. Good luck! I've been told that the Bamboo Tablet is one way to do it.

bestcee likes this.