help me with the Bamboo tablet

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AlliJ2008, Sep 28, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Pleeeeease!!!!

I got the Bamboo tablet for my birthday in August. I am using it like a glorified mouse pad. I even have the pen but just find it cumbersome to use. What am I missing? Why don't I love it? Am I not using it right?

Maybe I need to go through the tutorials again...:dizzy

2. RachelYoung

RachelYoung RachelYoung

For me it just took A LOT of practice. The more you use it, the easier it'll be. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful! Anyone else have any awesome tips?

3. liahra

liahra Active Member

my experince is that the more you use it, the more you'll love it :P

do you got Illustrator? that's where i mainly use it. you got so much more freedom and personally i could go for hours just doodling around (and i can't even draw lol!). Illustrator will make anything look gorgeous :P

4. Keely~B

Keely~B Klicker That Just Klicks

Try to put the mouse away for a day or two, it will get a lot easier. It becomes second nature. I don't use a mouse at all. ( I can't draw either ;) )

5. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

I have a tablet, and I've heard that you need to play with it alot to get used to it. I unfortunately hate mine but am holding hope that I will use it one day lol, will be bookmarking this thread for the pointers :)

6. Whit

Whit Life is too short to keep it all in!!

I had to give the mouse to my kids and tell them to hide it before I got the hang of the pen. I will never go back to a mouse, it kills me to use it!

7. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I hated mine at first. I actually put it back in the box after the first time I used it and it sat there for almost a year before I just made myself use it. After a couple days it just felt natural and I have loved it ever since.

8. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

yes, USE THE PEN. hide the mouse. FORCE yourself to get used to it for a few days. the love will come.

i have my pad set up to emulate the screen rather than to act as a mouse. when it's set up this way, if i click on the top right corner of the tablet pad, then it will click on the X in the top corner of explorer to close down, etc. i feel like (AFTER GETTING USED TO THE SETTINGS) this gives me a lot more accuracey with scrapping. and I LOVE IT. but i did not love it at first. I just kept using it in the beginning mostly so my husband wouldn't feel bad if he knew how much i didn't love the gift he surprised me with :giggle

keep with it.

9. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

You're a much better wife than I am! :blush :giggle I only use mine for extractions (I rarely ever do them) and for doodling/drawing in Illustrator (very rare too)..

10. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Yes, I do better with the track pad than the pen because it is pretty close to using the track pad on a laptop. The pen I just find awkward. It isn't as natural. When I type I have to put it down. Do you use the keyboard you can pull up to type? I find it takes so long to put then pen down then type then pick it back up....

That even sounds SO lazy & spoiled to me and I am the one who just typed it!!!! Seriously, I know I am lucky to even have one! I don't have illustrator right now & I haven't tried to draw or doodle in PS. I guess I should go look into illustrator.

11. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

practice practice practice!!! Hated mine at first, now LOVE it!

12. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Mine is still sitting in the box. I bought it a year ago! I'm afraid! LOL