help me to start

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by dennydenny, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

Hi! I did the Project 365 in 2009 and then I was no more able to finish one although I did several months each year. This year I wanted to start right from the beginning but I have some problems...
    I don't know what materials to use :dizzy
    I want to do a 8,5x11 photobook to print with blurb and I made myself some digital page protector like the ones from Valorie Wibbens but now what do to with journaling cards? I know there is a very wide choice... but I don't know what to use. I like the bright colors and would like to find a way to give a sense of continuity throughout the year.
    Maybe I should try to be less perfectionist ... :whistle

and I wanted to compliment all of you who are so brave and constant :heartlub

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Definitely be less perfectionist. The goal is to FINISH it. Even if it's not perfect! Future generations won't care if the journaling cards don't match or the flowers aren't in the right place. :)

3. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

For continuity throughout the year, I use the same week in review card and have limited myself to a handful of fonts. I can't stick with just one because I'm a fontaholic, but I do have an actual list of fonts that can be used for PL layouts and limit myself to those. As for sticking with colors or even one set of journaling cards, I just can't. I do one set per spread and that's it. The important thing is getting it done!

4. dennydenny

Thank you girls! I'm almost finished with the first 3 weeks using what I have :)
    I have to add the title-week card...

5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i'm glad you're jumping in and trying it again! i agree with what the other girls have said... i would worry less about it being consistent through the year as far as colors and products go and focus more on consistently documenting your life from week to week. you'll be so happy you have it finished, even if it's NOT perfect!

6. dennydenny

Thank you Rebecca! Now I finished week 4 :yesss and I like it so much!!!
    But... I discovered that blurb print format is 8x10 and not 8,5 x11 ... so I have to change a little bit the layouts that I've done but I can do it! :wooot