Help me, I'm a dope and didnt save my studio files...

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by AllisonPennington, Jan 17, 2016.

1. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

So I spent the weekend abusing my printer and printed the next two months of planner pages, my Love Letter inserts, and about 20 pages of stickers. I'm always very careful to save my silhouette studio files with the registration marks because, of course, otherwise my perfectly printed registration marks are useless because there's nothing for them to match.

I was on such a roll that, apparently, for about 5 full sheets of stickers, I did not save the silhouette file with the registration marks. Anyone done this and managed to salvage your prints? I'm considering whiting out the registration marks on my sheets and printing new ones so they match what's on my screen but I don't know if it'll work (and, well, I don't actually HAVE any white out). Or maybe I could cover the registration marks with sticker paper and then reprint?

I hate to waste that many sheets of sticker paper.

2. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I wish I could help you Allison but i still cant even get mine to cut where it is supposed to cut. Mine are always about a 1/4 inch off the cut lines. Uggghhhh. So if I tried ot help i wou8ld only make it worse. LOL (Going back to my corner now)

3. AllisonPennington

Have you tried calibrating it or calling Silhouette? They've been very helpful the couple times I've gotten in touch - if it's never cut correctly with registration marks I would think it's the machine (and not you!!)

lorryfach likes this.
  4. AllisonPennington

And here's a really dumb question - have you tried shifting your cut lines a quarter inch to make up for it? My machine seems to always cut a teeny tiny bit lower than where the lines are so I always just line up my cut lines with the print and then hit the down arrow once to make up for it. I don't know if that would work for such a big gap, though.

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Can you get a ruler and measure where the marks are and replicate it that way?
    Or if you have a PixScan mat you could try that.

WendyBird and AllisonPennington like this.
  6. AllisonPennington

The ruler is a good idea!! Thanks :)

lorryfach likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

There's info about calibrating it somewhere on the silhouette site. Apparently, it's not something you have to do often, but you might.

For the ones you didn't save the studio file, I would try scanning it with the pix scan mat? I don't know how the white out would work.

8. AllisonPennington

I came across my saved files - I saved them in a different folder than normal. Oops!

But before I found them I had success covering the original registration marks with scraps of white sticker paper and then reprinting JUST registration marks on the already printed sheets. :) Good to know the next time I mess up.

WendyBird, lorryfach and bestcee like this.