Help me brainstorm

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Apr 2, 2017.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Well, I'm stuck! And @tkradtke right now I'm wishing I had been taking your approach to PL this year - because I wouldn't be struggling with this right now!!

I am almost finished with my 1st quarter of 2017, which means I can print it soon... EXCEPT I have one page that is as blank as blank can be. For week 7, I have this page, which I really like and don't want to redo:

[​IMG]

Then week 8, I have a 2 page spread:
    [​IMG]

But I have a blank page to the right side of 7 between weeks 7 and 8. I can't for the life of me figure out what to do there!

Here's why....

1. I literally used every picture I have from week 7 to make it what it is... it was a super light picture week for me, thus, the 1-pager.
    2. I've also checked weeks 6 and 8 for extra pictures that have been ignored... there's a BIT more flexibility because I DO have photo series.... like multiple pics of basically the same thing... but I've already included the best of those series in my weekly spreads, along with the stories for them. So including them would be super redundant.

So I'm kind of stuck... I figured the creative peeps here might be able to get some ideas and inspiration flowing so that I can finish my book and get it printed soon!

2. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

My ideas...not sure if the would help...
    1. Big full page photo...can be a duplicate
    2. Page of more Journaling
    3. A quote....put across entire page
    4. Or bc I like to be silly....I would write ' nothing to see here...move along' in large font and then underneath in smaller font write add as you said above....not to many pics....lol

3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Excuse me while I ramble...
    Currently page, news stories... restaurants... meal plans...Family photo... pet... on this day/capsule/throwback/rememeber when type page... part of an everyday routine... text conversations "this week we talked about..." (I am weird and never/hardly ever delete my texts. My husband deletes every other day. :giggle )
    Books read that week.
    Movies watched? Netflix binged?

That's all I have right now. Maybe something will be helpful.

bestcee, RebeccaH and enjoyyourpix like this.
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

"This page intentionally left blank."
    :giggle:gotcha:D:groan

(I don't like seeing that on pages, because it's then NOT blank. So this would be slightly amusing to me in a scrapbook)

Tree City and enjoyyourpix like this.
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I know you don't want to redo but anyway... I would take the photo of the burger and make a page with only the burger photo ( and minimal journaling) and use a filler card with something as red as the ribbon for the spot where the burger was.

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Too funny! I don't get "stuck" with content, but I do feel a bit stuck with the design at times. Your pages are sooo much prettier!

This is probably the point were I would start taking photos of things... piano keys because you mentioned piano lessons, sheet music, were there any Valentines to photograph (either family or school exchanges?), any paperwork from the college meeting? I would probably go hunt down a photo from the Fixer Upper fb page to use as well. With the way you design your pages, it would probably only take 4 or 5 photos to fill that next page.

mixedclawzz likes this.
  7. FILIPPOK

FILIPPOK Member

1. A large photo of your family or your children.
    2. One or more scrapbooking pages ( not PL ) that you created during this time.
    3. Photo of printed books over the past years.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Love these ideas! Thank you ladies!

9. bbachand

bbachand Well-Known Member

Since this is Valentine's Day week, how about a photo(s) of your family (can be a more current photo or even an older one) and love/gratitude for them??? I guess this sounds kinda sappy but it would fit with the week. :)

RebeccaH likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What about a snapshot in time or a "this week 5 years ago" kind of page? OR maybe do 1 picture from last year, 2015, 2014, 2013, etc all in a row to show time passing or something like that?

11. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

These are all great ideas!! I will have to remember them for when I get stuck!
    BTW...I LOVE Fixer Upper!! I want them to come up to Canada and redo my house...but even more so, I just want to be friends with them because they are so funny!!

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have mine backed up to my email. So i can delete on my phone, but they are still there.

Since it's Valentine's week, what about a photo of each person in your family and something you really love about them right now. Whether it's tenacity or getting up for school on time every day, or helping with chores around the house... just something that maybe you don't think to say everyday, but would be meaningful. A little family love note. And grab someone to say something about you too.

klee73010 likes this.
  13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Love these ideas! Another would be to interview people in your family about stuff and make a page of that. Like their favorite things (teacher, food, movies, tv etc), pet peeves, friends, etc.

14. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Side conversation here....what is your workflow/automation setup for backing up texts to email? Using IFTTT or ??? I also never delete texts but have software that lets me export it out. But back up to email may be a better option?

15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I use an app called SMS Backup+. I've used it for a few years, and like it. I backup my phone calls, SMS, and MMS to me email. Makes it easy to grab any photos people text as well, because it's in my email.

mixedclawzz and busywoman139 like this.