Help! How to change LO from b&w to color?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by honeyandcheese, Oct 6, 2019.

1. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

My toddler just smacked my keyboard a few times and managed to turn my entire layout B&W!!! :cry It's not something I can reverse via my history, and I'm totally lost on how to fix it (or maybe just too emotional to think clearly?).

I use Photoshop - an ancient version, but if you know what to check in the newer version, maybe it's similar.

:helpy

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What's your color space? Is it greyscale or rbg? I know there's a shortcut for that, so hopefully it's that simple?

honeyandcheese and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

No help on PS (don't use it) but were the changes actually saved? If it were me, I would exit out of the program and not save anything hoping that the photo was not saved over the original.

Otherwise, can I say this is a good reason to have several copies of the original photos. One on the computer and one in a backup.

Hope you get it figured out.

honeyandcheese likes this.
  4. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

Thanks, ladies! I saved the layout as a copy so I could try starting over from where I'd last saved. When I grabbed an element from the b&w version to try and figure out placement on the new/old lo, the whole thing magically went back to color. I have absolutely no idea what happened but I'm not complaining that it got fixed! Mental note to save my work just a little bit more frequently. :)

@bestcee - I didn't even think to check color space, so I'll keep that in mind if anything crazy like this ever happens again!

@HavaDrPepper - The really odd thing is that the entire layout became b&w - all the elements, papers, everything! Happily it's fixed now though! Oh, and I have a Dr. Pepper here while I scrap. Gotta stay properly hydrated. ;)