Hello!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by KirstenW, Sep 7, 2013.

1. KirstenW

KirstenW New Member

Hi there! I'm new to the forums and just wanted to say hi here! I'm happy to find this group, because I've been working on getting fitter over the last couple months.

I starting running with the Couch to 5K app (only 1 more run left) and I've been logging my calories with the My Fitness Pal app. Feeling stronger and healthier, and I've lost a few pounds (bonus!).

Always helpful to share ideas and get encouragement from others on the same path, so looking forward to getting to know you all!

2. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Hi, Kirsten. Welcome to TLP! There are a few of us with similar goals and I just know you will find encouragement and community around here! It's an awesome place to hang.

3. LeslieM

LeslieM Member

Hi Kristin! I love MFP. So easy to log food.

I bow to you for finishing Couch to 5K. I've started a couple times, but never finish.

I do like to lift weights at home (exercise dvds) and pedal on my recumbent bike while I read and post to message boards.

Leslie

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

a big ol! welcome to the lily pad and the fit forum!!
    I am a couch to 5k drop out, but, I am a fit momma now...I just didn't like running...bhahha...I am a body pumpin', step aerobic, spinning fool now! and 80 pounds off and kept off! woo hoo
    laugh and play with us!!

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to TLP Kristen! Good for you for doing the C25K and almost finishing it! There are quite a few runners here and lots of healthy peeps too!

6. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

Hi Kristin - welcome! I started with C25K about 3 years ago - and this summer I completed my first half marathon! I love to run now and I also love yoga. I need to start tracking my food intake - as that is my major weakness.....any tips there are appreciated.

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Welcome Kirsten!

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm not much of a runner but I workout with weights and do zumba. I'm on a low carb diet and don't count calories anymore. It's all about finding what works for you and going for it!

9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

welcome! Way to go on C25K! I am just starting week 2 of T-25 and Shakeology challenge thru Beachbody. I like it so far. It is very intense, but it works. I am down 3 lbs in this first week (which is partly because of my major change of food/beverage drinking habits I am sure!). I love the vanilla shakeology as a meal replacement. I workout in the morning and then that is my breakfast after the workout. It usually ties me over until lunch - with just a small healthy snack in between. Anyway - that is my story. I am working towards and will start training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February - also doing the 10k the day before - so I have a lot to get ready for! My goal is to lose about 10-15 lbs yet by February - I have slowly been creeping up in weight and have not been happy with that. Good luck at meeting your goals and keep us updated in these forums - it always help to have support groups to check in with!

10. KirstenW

KirstenW New Member

Yay! Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I also love to attend a yoga and a Zumba class once a week - sounds like there are some others here that like those, too!

11. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

hi there! welcome to TLP!
    i'm in the middle/end of C25K and have sort of fallen off with our busy schedule and my non-cooperative knee. Just got some new shoes with MUCH better support, and am hoping this will help with the knee a bit.
    What's the ap you're talking about? I'll have to check it out. Sounds interesting! I don't track my food, but probably really should.

12. KirstenW

KirstenW New Member

Hi Rebecca - The app is called MyFitnessPal. It's pretty slick. I don't use it every day, but it's been helpful to me.