Hello! Sorta new. :-)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Michele Furry, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Michele Furry

Michele Furry Member

I'm not a new scrapper -- I've been scrapbooking for 30 years or so (paper scrapping in the early years) -- and have been buying products from The Lilypad for six years (I peaked at my order history for that tidbit of info), but I don't have a gallery here and haven't scrapped in forever... haven't had time. I'm one of those people who buy supplies even if I can't use them because it makes me feel good! LOL! Anyway, my boys are leaving for college this week and I have just started a new job that I think will give me more time to do the things I love! I've never participated in the challenges here so I've decided to start with the August Challenges. I'm so excited! I just found the (so cool!) visual order history! It reminded me of so many things I forgot I had! Looking forward to jumping in and getting to know you all.

BevG, Cherylndesigns, jesskab and 4 others like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hello, and welcome to the forum side of things! :) Thanks for introducing yourself!
    Umm, is there another way of buying supplies??? :giggle Plus, I always say to myself, "I can't use this right now, but of course I could use this in the future!"

bellbird likes this.
  3. Michele Furry

Michele Furry Member

Exactly! And then I buy something else and promptly forget the thing before that!

bellbird, bestcee and Tree City like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome to the forums, Michele! Shout out of you ever need help! Maybe use some supplies and check out the challenges to get you scrapping!

5. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

A huge welcome to you Michele and nice to meet you :)

How fantastic that you are inspired by our challenges and that you're jumping into the forums here, it's a truly wonderful place to hang out and I can't wait to see what you do, and to get to know you better, i'm excited for you!!

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hey Michele! Welcome to forum and can't wait to see your gallery fill up with all the goodies you've been hoarding! Enjoy your "me time" scrapping and best of luck to you with the new job! Happy you are here!

7. dagi

dagi Aiming high

hello Michele! nice to meet you :). the challenges here are awesome! great source of inspiration :)

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi Michele! I love buying supplies too! And since they are on my hard drive, no one can judge how big my stash is. :stash
    I hope you do share a page or two or twenty with us! And yeah for starting with the August challenges! They are so awesome this month.

bellbird likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hi Michele and welcome to TLP!

Congrats on the new job AND for getting your boys to college - that is a feat in itself!

I think we all collect supplies. Or maybe I just like to tell myself that because it makes me feel better.

And don't you just love the visual order history button? I think that's so awesome. I also love that the system alerts me when I try to buy something again . . . really saves me sometimes!

Enjoy the challenges and if you need a quick template challenge, I have a free template that you can snag. If you complete a layout and post it on my website, you have a chance to win $10 to my store! If you're interested, you can check it out here: Fiddle-Dee-Dee Monthly Website Challenge | August 2018.

Have fun scrapping! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Michele and welcome to the forum! Glad to see you settling right in! :)

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hey Michelle! Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're going to jump in with some challenges. Sometimes that's the best way to get started.

12. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Well, welcome to the forum & the challenges. I find they're the best way for me to scrap. I need that inspiration to try different things. Have fun!

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi Michele and welcome to TLP!! I love buying supplies, too!

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So glad to have you here, Michele!! It was so great having you at the speed scrap this afternoon! There is always plenty going on around here to keep you busy scrapping and give you lots of inspiration! Looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing your gallery fill up!!

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome Michelle! So glad to have you participating here.sounds like you’ve been a busy gal getting 2 sons off to college. That’s hard work and you deserve a scrappin break to reward yourself. Congrats on the new job too! If you have any questions just holler. Everyone is willing to help.

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the forum Michele! I'm so glad you decided to jump in here AND the challenges! I think you will love them! :)

17. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Welcome and have fun with the challenges! Scrapping is such a wonderful way to handle these stressful times of life.

18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Welcome!! I look forward to seeing your pages in the gallery and on the challenges posts.

19. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am excited you are here! That visual order history IS pretty amazing! I'm hosting the template challenge this month and I would love if you joined us and made a page for it!

20. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi Michele and welcome! Just like my stash in paper scrapping days, my digi stash still gets added to on a regular basis!!! LOL! So come and join the club :stash and glad to hear you are going to join us in the challenges!! :dance