Hello from Texas (New to the Digi World)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by ProudArmyMom, Jan 24, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi and welcome! I was a paper scrapper too for years before switching to digi. You've come to the right place for support, challenges and inspiration.

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome to the Lilypad and super big welcome to the addiction of digi scrapping! If you have any trouble as you get started (there is SO much to learn) don't hesitate to start a new thread and ask for help. Chances are if you have a question, we all had it too at one point AND probably others will have the same question too! :)

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello and welcome to The Lilypad! Glad to see another Southern face (I'm in Florida).

I switched from paper scrapping to digital scrapping in 2008 and haven't looked back (except for a couple of times LOL). Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions!

Have fun!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  4. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Welcome! I grew up in Texas and most of my friends and family are still there - I am in Oregon at the moment with hubby who is doing a PhD - I am glad you found us! This is the best place to be - lots of community in the forums to pop in and chat, make friends - find other people from you part of the world! It also has lots of help in learning - so feel free to ask any questions - we can help you out!!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  5. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

welcome to the pad!!!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome to the Pad! We have a lot in common as I'm an mom also to chicks that have flown. I do still have one left here as my youngest (of six children) is a senior in high school. I do have a daughter who is married to someone in the Air Force and they live in Colorado now. We live in Michigan. So I know how hard that is! When she left for Colorado I converted her room into my craft room. I do digital mostly but I do love to get my fingers dirty still. And have turned to card making a lot! Which is fun. Gives me a chance to send my love to my children who live outside of my home now.

Excited to get to know you!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Glad you have found us and an opportunity for some 'Me time' and space! I'm sure you will love it here and will learn a lot- we are a big digi family and there is always someone that can relate to your situation, whether it's stage of life or situation. Welcome, welcome!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  8. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Welcome to the Pad. You picked probably the best place to hang around for just learning. It's such a helpful group and become like family. Something you might like to check out is @gonewiththewind 's gallery -- she frequently records a video as she makes a page and you can learn tons. There is also Scrapping with Cheryl on the first Thursday evening of the month (same person). You can ask questions during it as she scraps.
    I'm making the switch from paintshop to Photoshop slowly so I'm a beginner too.
    Welcome. Ask away, you'll get more help than you know.
    Thank you for having a son who is serving. I've been an empty nester for 4 years now and it is quite an adjustment. But it's so fun seeing them mature into adults.
    Looking forward to seeing your pages and maybe even helping you one day (or you help me).

ProudArmyMom and gonewiththewind like this.
  9. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hello there and welcome to the Pad! I am from Australia and used paper scrap years ago......... switched to digi in 2009 and have been addicted ever since! Just holler if you need a hand with something, there is always someone online to help you! :)

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  10. sabrinavc

sabrinavc Designer

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Welcome to the Pad! The ladies here are super helpful and the nicest ones around!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  12. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

hello!
    welcome to the pad!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  13. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

WELCOME!! So happy you've joined us here! I'm another who switched from paper scrapping to digital... for me it was around 2007. I can't imagine trying to paper scrap anymore!! There is a bit of a learning curve, so don't get frustrated. There are tons of people around who would love to help you out if you get stuck. Jump in, make yourself at home, and get started!! Sounds like you'll have some free time on your hands to get lots of scrapping (and learning) done!! :)

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  14. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

Welcome, fellow Texan! I switched from paper to digi in 2006, and I've never really looked back. But I still love paper crafting, so I'm into making cards. You will love this hobby!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  15. ProudArmyMom

ProudArmyMom New Member

WOW! I have been off line this week due to Family issues and my hubby leaving for work in IL yesterday and what a surprise when I logged in today. So much "sparkle" being spread around. You ladies made my morning. Thank you so much for all your sweet words, encouragement and guidance.

Can't wait to get to know each of you more and get creative with my scrapbooking.

bcgal00 likes this.
  16. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Welcome! I also left paper and came to digi, with a bit of a gap in between!! It's great to have you join us!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

17. ProudArmyMom

ProudArmyMom New Member

Right now, just learning and trying to find my way around. HAve to get some kits collected too. I WANT THEM ALL!

18. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

welcome!!!!! so glad you found us!!!!! I m sure you will love the scrapping and this community is amazing, always someone ready to help!!!!
    In a way, I am kind of feeling the empty nest thing.... my daughter just turned 21 in February, she is in Uni here ib London, living here at home but as she works after school, lately we see very little of each other...and we used to be extremely close.... so I know the feeling.
    Glad you found us!!! Let us know if anyth8ing at all we can help with!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

19. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

@ProudArmyMom Welcome to The Pad! Fellow Texan here!! Is your son at Fort Hood? I've been a paper scrapper since 1997 and am now hybrid. I love having the best of both worlds available to me.

This is the most welcoming and supportive community in digiland. If you have any questions about ANYTHING, always feel free to ask. We're so glad you found us!

cfile likes this.
  20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Margaret, I didn't know you were from TX.. I lived in the Killeen/Copperas Cove area (FT Hood) for 3 years.. Loved living in TX.

londoncuppa likes this.