Hello from Orlando, FL

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by DeniseB817, Jan 27, 2016.

1. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

Hello! I'm very very new to the forums. I had posted last week about finding my MPM subscription and so appreciate the help in finding my way. I'm working on learning the ropes and will work on my signature eventually.

I'm Denise, mom to 3 amazing adult boys and an equally amazing teen girl. Mom-in-law to a pretty sweet daughter in law too. I was a paper scrapper for many years and converted to digi about 3 yrs ago after starting to work from home and my office took over my scrapbook room.

I enjoy pocket scrapbooking but I know that I will NEVER be up to date. EVER. But with every page I do, I know that's more memories that my family and I can enjoy and remember for years to come. Sometimes my weeks seem a bit mundane and those are the toughest to scrap. Its been so long since I've scrapbooked anything but a pocket style page. I'm hoping to maybe jump in on a challenge or two. (and learn how to share them here too)

I look forward to getting to know folks here. I used to be very active in paper scrapbook forums but it's been a looooong time!

bestcee, dagi, MrsPeel and 3 others like this.
  2. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Welcome!!!! I see you are from Florida! Big Disney Fan, so I love Florida! You'll love it here!!!!

3. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

Welcome! I am so glad you made it to our awesome forums! Everyone here is so amazing! I am just getting into pocket scrapping, having mostly just done traditional digi pages, and I love it!!!

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, welcome! Can't wait to see what you create!

5. jenny

jenny jenny

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello and welcome from another Florida gal . . . well, from the Panhandle . . . right outside Pensacola.

You'll love it here! Take your time settling in and don't be afraid to ask questions or seek out help ~ that's how we've all learned to scrap digitally!

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Welcome to the Pad! I was born and raised in Florida but am in Denmark now. :)

8. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

Another Fl girl here, too! I live near Cheryl aka @gonewiththewind just outside of Pensacola.

Defintely take your time and wander around a bit. I was a paper scrapper turned digi, so I get where you are coming from. Now I do a bit of both, including hybrid in my own albums. I want it all, and these day we can have it all, haha!

Let us know if we can help!

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Hi there! Nice to "meet" ya!

10. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Denise, welcome to The Lilypad! We're so glad to have you here in the forums and scrapping along with MPM. :)
    Make yourself at home and please ask if you have any questions.

DeniseB817 likes this.
  11. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Glad to meet you, Denise! I look forward to seeing your pocket pages in the gallery.

I'm in Orlando, too (west side). Several digi scrappers get together once a month alternating between Orlando and Tampa if you ever want to meet up with some like-minded crafty ladies. Cheryl (of Fiddle-Dee-Dee) is promising to make it to one of our scrap days later this year.

DeniseB817 likes this.
  12. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

@staciahall I would LOVE to meet up with others sometime! I used to attend regular scrappy things when I paper scrapped.

13. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Friend me on FB and we'll get you invited!

14. DeniseB817

DeniseB817 Member

Speaking of the MPM, @lmccandless...is there a specific gallery for the MPM layouts? I have looked a little bit but haven't had time to really explore. Thanks!!

15. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

DeniseB817 likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome, Denise! I grew up in Central Florida. Now we frequently go back to visit family.
    Hope you enjoy it here at TLP!

DeniseB817 likes this.
  17. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Welcome! I just moved back home from Orlando. Lived there 10 years! :)

DeniseB817 likes this.
  18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

19. CherryAllie

CherryAllie Active Member

Welcome! Jump right into the conversations and galleries, love the support here.

20. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hello!!!!!!! welco0me to the Pad!!!!!
    great to have you becoming part of the family...and..gthiose bits I high-lit?
    that is me to the T!!!!!
    I did, once, a looooomg time ago, kept a project 52 weeks adapted with a mixture of 365 (photo a day) I just was scrapping pages and events and meals and whatever it happened that made life scrappable LOL I even printed books of my whole 2011 and some trips we made ... but the chronologically scrapping does not happen these days (I am disabled and 90% of my time bed bound, my daughter is almost 20..... I hardly ever take pictures...)

If you want to know how to resize/find your way to post & share, though I can imagine you have already been offered help, ask any of us, I will most certainly be delighted to help you!!!!