Hello from Mississippi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Carla, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum but not new to scrapbooking. I have been scrapbooking for almost 15 years and part of that as a Designer. I recently retired myself from designing and am looking to get back into creating my own layouts! I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome Carla
    I hope you enjoy being here as this is a great place. Make sure you have a good look at the monthly challenges as they are often great for inspiration. A lot of the designers also host some inspiring challenges.

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hello Carla and welcome to TLP!!

4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Carla! We're glad to have you here and look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery!
    There's plenty of inspiration every month in the Challenge Pad and the Chats and Scraps calendar for each month is pinned to the top of the Announcement Pad (Speed Scraps (where you have about 2hours) and Slow Scraps (where you have 24hours) are added to it and they all have store coupons for all participants) & if you haven't already subscribed to the TLP newsletter for all the news and to catch weekly half price specials on Wednesdays and new releases on Fridays, that'd be my first tip for you. If you have any problems finding you're way around, sing out (start a thread in the Chatty Pad) or if in doubt, tag me (or any of the CT - anyone with Pollywog under their avatar picture) by typing ' @ ' infront of a username - so I'm @bellbird and that'll send me an alert, I'm in Australia though so some of the US Pollys might be quicker timezone-wise in responding)

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hello and welcome to TLP!

6. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone! I am wondering why it is that I could post this thread but the two post that I put in the challenge threads are still waiting for approval.

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome Carla! So glad you found your way here. I hope you enjoy scrapping for yourself again. :agree

There is a safety feature here to weed our spammers that limits some of the things you can do here until you post at least 5 times (I think, might be 10?) Anyway, just make a few more replies in the forum and those limits will go away. :)

bestcee and Carla like this.
  8. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Thanks Karen! I know that most sites do have those restrictions for new folks but I couldn't find those guidelines anywhere.

Karen likes this.
  9. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

Hi Carla and welcome to TLP!

10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Carla, and welcome to the Lilypad!

11. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome to TLP, Carla! :)

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Carla!! Welcome!! We are so glad to have you here!! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!!

13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hello and welcome to TLP!

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hi Carla!
    Welcome to the Lilypad! Have you been digital all 15 years? I've also scrapped for many years, but only the last 7 have been digital.

15. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hi Carla. Welcome! :bwave

16. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

17. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Welcome to TLP. There is always something going on here- challenges, events, chats or fast/slow scraps. Enjoy it here.

18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

It might be buried down under a tons of awesome new stuff!
    WELCOME TO THE PAD! I totally missed if you said where you are from! We have Pollys (creative team members) all over the world and usually someone is around to help, so just ask away! I am usually buried in the Art Journaling area! We have from 2-4 challenges every month in the art journaling area but we are pretty flexible with them.

20. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I had to go back and look at my original post to see but I did mention where I am from in the name of my post! I am from South Mississippi, retired and married 42 years to the most wonderful man on earth. One son, 4 grand children, three cats, 1 dog and 4 grand dogs! It would be safe to say that we are a fur baby family!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    KimJ and Dalis like this.