Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by *sylvia*, May 4, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Sylvia, glad to see you filling up your gallery! Looking forward to seeing more pages from you!

*sylvia* likes this.
  2. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Welcome Sylvia!!! Love your gallery!!!

*sylvia* likes this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

hello Sylvia. welcome.

*sylvia* likes this.
  4. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Welcome to The Lily Pad Sylvia!

*sylvia* likes this.
  5. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Hello and welcome, Sylvia. Glad you have joined us! :)

*sylvia* likes this.
  6. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone. I am Lillyia. I have been studying this site for the past few weeks. I have finally concluded that I really like this place!! I once belonged to a scrapbooking site that has now been defunct for several years. How I miss it to this day. The people were so friendly and so supportive. There was so much activity and lots of participation by the members. I truly felt like I belonged to a community - a community of women with varied skills and skill levels, who loved to share their ideas and expertise with others and who encouraged others to learn and grow. I have visited many other scrapbooking sites to find one to take the place of the one I lost, but to no avail until I finally found The Lilypad! I am excited and happy to be here. I feel confident that I will become a happier and a more productive scrapbooker just by being in this nurturing environment that all of you have created. So, in the words of Julia Roberts (well, sort of in her words), "In case I forget to tell you later, thank you for a good time."

Dalis, mywisecrafts and RJMJ like this.
  7. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hello There Lillyia!...Welcome To The Lilypad!...Happy You Have Joined Us!...I Remember A Few Years Ago When I Was In Your "Shoes"...I Too Found The Lilypad!...I Love It Here!...I Struggled To Find The Right Forum For Me & My Unique Style!...They Welcomed Me Here With Open Arms!...I Have Made So Many Wonderful Friends Here!...Mentors/Supporters...& So Much More!...I Like To Think This Is The Most Special Scrapbooking Forum There Is!...It Is For Me!...It's So Nice To Be Able to Be Yourself/Express Yourself Creatively/& Get So Much Love & Support In The Meantime!...I Look Forward To Seeing Your Layouts In The Gallery!...Whatever Your Style Of Choice Is!...We Love & Encourage All Styles Here!...So Go Ahead! & Have Some Creative Fun! & Support All The Way!...:beat :heartlub...My Name Is Rhonda IE:RJMJ...If You Have Any Questions Or Need Help Navigating The Site Or Store!...Anything At All?...If I Can Help You Out Message Me...& If I Don't Know The Answer?...I Will Do My Best To Find The Answer From Someone Else Here!...We Are Always Here If You Need Help...No...I'm Not A Polly...But I Will Do My Best To Help You Out!...In The Meantime...Have Fun!...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Lillyia likes this.
  8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Welcome to the Lilypad, we look forward to having you here with us. ❤️❤️❤️

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

@Lillyia What a heartwarming introduction! So glad to have you joining us here! Welcome!

11. Lillyia

Well, I hope I am replying correctly...we shall soon see.
    Hi RJM!
    What a wonderful welcome! Thank you. If I had any doubts about joining here, you have certainly brushed those all aside. I look forward to getting to know you through your 'unique' style, as you described yourself. I wish i had a style! LOL. I just try different styles that I see and I do my best to please myself, which can be a challenge because so often I don't start out with a final picture in mind. But now I am rambling...hahaha. I just wanted to say, Thank you for the very warm welcome!

12. Lillyia

@ Iowan. Thank you, I am happy to be here.

13. Lillyia

@ Gone with the Wind

Thank you for your welcome. There is a LOT to learn about this place. I have been looking around and of course there are some things that are familiar, like the gallery and Forums (I have found TLP's forums to be so well laid out and logical-and I really appreciate that). I will use your suggestions as a starting point to (hopefully) get myself grounded and then just learn as I go. Thank you very much!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. Lillyia

@KimJ
    Hi Kim.
    If my intro was heartwarming it is because my heart has been warmed by what I have observed at TLP and I look forward to becoming part of this community. Thank you for welcoming me.

KimJ likes this.
  15. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Welcome. As someone who has only be around the LilyPad for little less than 2 months.....I love it here. I'm part of several forums, but this one hands down is my favorite. Everyone that I have interacted with has been uber supportive and I've learned so much from analyzing others pages and from the designers. The designers are awesome!!! Lots of fun always happening around here!!!!! Can't wait to see you around!!!

Lillyia likes this.
  16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@Lillyia WELCOME to our and YOUR home now!

Lillyia likes this.
  17. Lillyia

@mywisecrafts Thank you for the welcome!! I am glad to have found this place and I hope and I expect that my experience here will be as positive as yours. Looking forward to seeing you around TLP.

18. Lillyia

@Dalis Hey, Dalis! Thank you for welcoming me into your...no, OUR home. :)

Dalis likes this.
  19. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

YES!!!!!! I have been since 2011. There is a bit for everyone, pocket scrapbook, digital scrapbook, hybrid and art journaling! You are more than welcome to join us on our monthly Art Journal challenges, we call them monthly muse because you can use whichever version of scrap/art you want to use.

Lillyia likes this.
  20. Lillyia

@Dalis Yes, Dalis, there is a LOT! I keep telling myself to slow down and give myself time to discover it, and I will, but when I discover something new that I am interested in, my 'eyes get bigger than my abilities' and I just want to dive in head first. Art journaling is an interest of mine. I have only tried it once or twice, but I know I would benefit from it; I need something relaxing where I can just let it flow, without worrying about what color is right or if I should use this paper or that paper, etc. So, maybe I will join you in the monthly muse. Sounds great. Thank you for the head's up.