Hello from Alberta, Canada

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by Firstoscartgrouch, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

Hello from Alberta Canada.

I have scrapbooked since my daughter was a baby 16 years ago, and enjoy it very much. I have moved from Physical scrapping, to project life, to digital.

I am a multiple sudden cardiac arrest survivor (not heart attack), and having survived that made me realize how important it is to have my own personal story recorded. My kids need to know who I am. I have a huge belief in journaling, although not much is up for the net to read, I always am adding to my book of me. I believe in all of telling OUR story.

I was diagnosed with a rare sudden arrythmia death syndrome called long qt, I have an even rarer subset of it. I have literally seen death and come back to spread the word, I don't want anyone else to go through what I did. Almost my entire family is now diagnosed and treated. I may have saved their lives, maybe I can save others too.

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Wow. First, nice to meet you (did you want to share your name? I'm guessing it's not Oscar? And who could be grouchy in beautiful Alberta?!) and welcome to The Pad!
    :tree
    Second, wow again. What a story you have and have been through, by the sounds. Glad you were fortunate enough to be diagnosed and treated and enabled this for your family as well!:heartlub
    Look forward to seeing some of your digi pages! I hide journalling sometimes too - either with lower font opacity or 'hiding' a layer in photoshop - feel free to share, or not share, as you like :) If you need any help, in the gallery or otherwise, just give a shout!

Firstoscartgrouch and MrsPeel like this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I had to google this, and I kept reading and reading and was shaking my head. Why isn't this talked about more?
    Good on you, spreading the word.
    A big ol' welcome to you (again) tee hee, and look forward to playing along with you too!

Firstoscartgrouch likes this.
  4. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hello and welcome to the Lilypad! I'm another Albertan here.

Sounds like you have been through a lot. How scary! Thanks for sharing part of your story. And like Justine mentioned, feel free to share or not share your journaling with us, hiding the text layer is always a choice before saving a web version of your more intimate pages. I usually change my web-version pages' journaling to remove mention of people's names or places that I don't want made public.

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome to TLP!

Wow, like Anne, I had to google to learn more. Glad you are around and you are sharing your story!

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome! I love that you are telling your story too! I started with physical, and moved to digi when I decided to tackle Project Life. And I adore journaling! Hiding it, or smearing it is always an option when sharing online. I've done that before!

7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I am so happy you are here with us at the Pad and with the loved ones in your real life! Spread the Word!!! Good for you! excited to get to know you better! And doing the MOC will be a good place to start!

8. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi to a fellow Canadian (I'm in BC). So nice to meet you. I agree with you, it's a wonderful idea to scrap about yourself so that your family & friends can learn more about you. I'm trying to share more about myself in my pages too. I'm glad that your cardiac condition was diagnosed and treated and like you said, then enabled your family to be diagnosed and treated.

9. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

OMGoodness - first a big welcome to The Lilypad and good for you for wanting to scrap your memories. You've chosen a great place to be <3

10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Wow, what a story you have to tell and what an important one!! Looking forward to seeing your pages in the gallery!! Welcome!

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome to TLP!

Wow, you do have a story to tell. So glad you are here and able to tell it with scrapbooking.

12. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Welcome to the Pad! You have an incredible story - and a great message to share with your scrapping!

13. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello and Welcome to The Lilypad!

14. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hello and welcome to The Lilypad, I had never heard of this condition before either, thank you for enlightening me! :)

15. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I m not sure where to start.... though my story isn't as extreme as yours...I kinda know the place you are in....I have a couple of heart conditions, plus a number of other things, spent half of my life in operating rooms, since I was a baby, but because of femur/ligament trouble, long LONG story.... I have spent my 90% of my time in bed since 2009.... I started scrapping after my husband was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and (long story) I wanted my daughter to know how great her start in life had been...then realized how important telling my own story was/is, so I do a lot of journaling, even if (more than anything for lack of time) doesn't always make it to my public pages..... this is a place where I have found more than support, love, pure and strong, encouragement in the times I have needed the most..... so feel free to share as much or as little as you like, I know you will find an amazing scrapping family here...... looking forward to seeing your pages!!!!!!!!!

16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome, indeed that is an incredible story. So glad you are aware and are treating the condition you (& your family) have. But how scary to have gone through that! Like MrsPeel said .... feel free to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. Many girls will blur out journaling that is too personal for all to read and still share their pages that way. So glad you found your way to TLP and let us know if we can help with anything ...so glad to have you here! :)

17. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Welcome to the Pad! We are so happy to have you here with us! :)

18. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Wow, that is quite a story. Welcome to The Pad. :)

19. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Hello and welcome to The Pad from another fellow Canadian (BC). I, too, had never heard of this condition but am pleased to now be aware.

20. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Welcome to the Pad! Glad you're here with us to share your story.