Have your organized your DSD supplies?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by mrsski07, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

My downloads folder is finally cleaned out and everything is nicely filed into iPhoto. How about you? Have you dug in and started organizing?

2. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

im half way through tagging in acdsee,when i feel like not scrapping i get it out and tag a bit more

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You bet! I did mine yesterday. I really try to keep on top of that stuff or it gets overwhelming really quickly!

4. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

yep! Mine was easy since I didn't buy one single thing. Now that Peppermint is here there was no reason for me to shop anywhere LOL!

5. Dana

Dana Dana

oh i wish! my HD is a disaster right now ... organizing is one of my goals for this week (hopefully ... i have a LOT of goals LOL ... )

6. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

Haha, you do have the good life, don't you? : )

I have all my purchases unzipped & the preview on the folder. And I love that when I buy something from Emily Merritt, it automatically shows up that way. Clearly little things make me happy. I have them all listed in my scrappy notebook, and I'm going to back mine up tomorrow. Maybe I'll start scrapping with them by the weekend, lol.

7. gracielou

I'm sure I could have found something but I wouldn't even allow myself to look because I still have kits on my hard drive from past DSD's that have not even been used. I knew if I started browsing I would see a preview or a layout with a kit or something and think I had to have it and then it would sit and never be used. If the designers here didn't keep making such amazing things then I might have time to scrap with other stuff but since I don't see them stopping their awesomeness anytime soon then I have no time for anything else.

8. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

I just finished the massive unzipping and am now sorting things how I like and tagging along the way. EEP! It's hard to organize when I mostly just wanna use my new stuffs! :D

9. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

Everything is in a folder call New DSD and that's as far as I got!

(Can I get the credits for your siggie, Amanda?)

10. gracielou

11. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

I unzipped it :D but I dread organizing

12. the3chickens

the3chickens Member

I've unzipped. That's it. :D

13. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Back from work so now going to do mine! :) Weeeee! FUN!

14. bandgeek

bandgeek New Member

Yes. I unzipped as I went to make sure files weren't corrupted and everything is named in Picasa and previews are tagged.

15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Oh yes. I love to organize.

<------ NERD.

16. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

How are you organizing your files in iPhoto, Shannon? Very interested... :)

17. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

Brandi, I followed the instructions on this blog post: http://www.designhousedigital.com/content/blog/how-to-organize-and-find-your-digi-supplies-in-iphoto/

(I hope that link is ok! It does go to the blog of another digi store.)

I don't tag or keyword anything. I make a folder for each designer and then albums within that folder for each kit. I also have a folder for just templates, subfolders for designers, and then albums within those subfolders. And I have a folder just for BYOC products, with a subfolder for each month and an album for each BYOC kit within the subfolder (I also file the BYOC kit under the designer's specific folder too).

Hopefully that made sense!

18. jbarksdale

jbarksdale New Member

I haven't done anything with them, yet! ARGH

19. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I'm so glad when I discovered digiscrap and downloads, I immediately devised an organization system. It hasn't failed me yet. I do have ACDSee - and tag periodically when I'm not inspired to scrap - sometimes tagging and looking at my stash will generate inspiration. Most of my DSD purchases and freebies are tagged (and some are even used!) Hoping to get in more scrapping time tonight and Sunday. I'm chaperoning a large group of teenagers to a big gathering of youth groups from around our state. Should be an amazing time - I went to this event when I was in high school.

20. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

I did mine on Sunday or Monday. lol, I can't remember now.