Have you noticed...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Farwen, May 2, 2020.

1. Farwen

Farwen Well-Known Member

... I've been away for awhile? :P
    I had an emotional breakdown, soon after my last post in the forum. For a couple of days I only wanted to cry and sleep, and that's what I did!
    Then I tried to spend my time here, creating, chatting and socializing (even if only virtually), but every time I sat in front of my pc I couldn't turn it on, no way. I was sitting there, watching the black screen and nothing!
    'Ok', I said to myself, 'there's nothing wrong, some will find this helpful in this rough time, not you, it's good, we're not all the same, just try something else.'
    So I wanted to share some of the things that saved me from insanity :clap

My family (thanks for technology, thanks for video calls!! I miss my nephews soooo much)
    My sister's sweets (seriously, she made cakes, cookies, tiramisu, even granita and gelato!! love you sis!!)
    Reading
    Music (and singing out loud)
    Netflix (thank you Studio Ghibli for finally deciding to go streaming!)
    Watching instagram live streams and stories (this involved a lot of giggling and laughing because I follow only cool and fun people :D )
    Listening (and watching) some amazing people reading stories to kids @savewithstories (I don't even have kids, but I've sure cried, laughed and giggled a lot! And everyone was so good, but I would mention Jeff Goldblum, Jude Law, David Tennant and the amazing Kate Winslet!!!!)
    These two, this video, also known as "The adventures of Baby Chicken and Grumpy Eagle" (OMG! I love it, I think I watched it a thousand thousand times :lmao)
    Knowing that I had this place to return to when I was ready to do it.

I hope things are getting better for you all, that you and your loved ones are doing well in these crazy times, I send everyone love, prayers and good vibes :heartslub

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    KarenW, norton94, Lisa B and 5 others like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am so sorry to read you have gone through such a bad time. But also pleased you have come through it and willing to share this journey with us.
    I hope you continue to be okay.

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@Farwen Oh Francesca! You are NOT alone. I think we all are struggling, in some form or other, with the circumstances. I have tried to practice gratitude and finding good in my world to combat my uneasiness. I'm glad that you found several different things to help you through your rough patch, and I pray that you are on the other side of it now. I'm planning on immersing myself in the scrap world this weekend, and for a short while believing that all is right with the world again.

JenEm likes this.
  4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thank you for sharing what kept you sane. I know your sharing will benefit others. Wishing you well!

5. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

@Farwen I am so happy to see you back at The Pad and posting again. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I think we have all been experiencing struggles in varying degrees. Thank you for sharing your coping mechanisms with us. Sending love, prayers and good vibes to you. Stay safe and well. :beat

6. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will find your ideas helpful. I need more music in my life.

7. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

So sorry you had such a rough time. I'm glad you were able to find some activities that helped bring you back up. Glad to see you posting again!

8. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Sending you massive hugs Francesca!

[​IMG]

9. Tracie Stroud

Tracie Stroud Active Member

Lots and lots of hugs. This is such a difficult time.

10. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Thank you for sharing your story, @Farwen. Sending you love, prayers, and good vibes right back! Loved the resources you shared, especially the IG savewithstories account...so great!!

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm glad you're back too and i love how you have been dealing, you're so right, there is no one way to deal with everything

12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Group hug for sure.
    These are unprecedented times and we need to care for ourselves before we have enough left over to care for others.
    Take care.

13. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

So happy to see you back again! There aren't words for times like these, so I've been praying for you as I noticed you were definitely taking a break from TLP. It's so good to hear you were well cared for during this dark time! Hugs to you!!!

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@Farwen Francesca, thank you for sharing my dear and so glad you are back and ok. We are all going through things differently and so glad that you took the time for you to just decompress. I have been reading and doing the same when I just cannot deal with more. I am just so glad you are ok and back with us!!! Hugs and more hugs across the miles :)

15. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Welcome back. You have been in my thoughts. Here we still pray for all of Italy. Ginormous hugs, good vibes and a whole bucket full of laughter....

16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Huge hugs to you, Francesca!!! And thank you so much for sharing this!! I have good days and not so good days. Focusing on my teaching from home has done a pretty good job of keeping my mind occupied, and I've watched a lot of Instagram stories as well. I love the fun cool people!!

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It sure is good to see you back here. I was so worried about you and kept checking your other thread for updates. I'm really sorry that you were struggling so much, but as others have said, you are so not alone. It's unprecedented times we are living through right now. I've had my own moments of losing it too. I'm glad you found things to help you through it all and I love that you listed them here to help others! I found laughter was my best medicine by watching The Office. All other shows were too serious for me and I couldn't concentrate on any of them anyway. The Office episodes are 20 minutes long and perfect for a laugh. I'm going to check out your videos later tonight! :agree

18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

((Hugs))
    So happy you were able to find things to help you through your down time, thank you so much for sharing! I agree with Karen, check out The Office

Our family loved that show too, very funny!

Karen likes this.
  19. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I did notice and am so glad you are back! This event is truly a trauma for us all. Thanks for sharing your helpful pick me ups and the honesty of how stressed and sad you were feeling. So true different things help different people!
    I posted this awhile back during the connectedness event, but it seems like a good time to share again. I have been cultivating a list of joyful posts, events, free things to see, mental health awareness, museum and zoo tours online etc etc etc...
    https://www.pinterest.com/k_d_p/joy-sharing/

20. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Oh Francesca, mi dispiace! I haven't been around as much because my work at the hospital is draining me. I'm so sorry it's been rough for you. I'm glad you're doing better. Please remember, you have tons of love here at The Lilypad. PM me if you ever need! Things will get better, mia cara.