Have you ever had a Falooda?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am not a fan of tapioca either, the little seeds that this drink had were much smaller. I don't like stuff bursting in my mouth, hence I don't do corn.

bellbird likes this.
  2. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

from what you say, I think tapioca here is a totally diferent thing? I don't know...lol! and those seeds, people here use something similar on drinks and juices, it's for giving you the feeling that you are not hungry anymore, it's called chia.

Dalis likes this.
  3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Interesting! The noodles add the starch that thickens it, I guess? And those noodles are really thin- not like egg noodles, LOL! I am game. And I might add tapioca! Grew up on the stuff! Not sure about the dark seeds, but I like trying new things!

Dalis likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I know that ingredients are different this side of the pond, but going on looks only...
    chia seeds, angel hair pasta, milk, sugar, rose syrup and ice-cream followed by pistachio nuts? which should have added the crunchy element?
    I know in the Malay community here they serve tapioca, angel hair noodles, or spaghetti cooked in milk with sugar and it's served as a runny soup/ pudding. Quite pleasant as I recall from my childhood.

Dalis likes this.
  6. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

LOL noodles in a beverage is pretty much a red flag to me, but I'd try it for sure! It sounds kind of yummy...

Dalis likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I would guess that the noodles are rice based. You can get rice noodles anywhere from slimey see-through to crunchy. My daughter is Asian and has explored a lot of their drinks. She likes Bubble Tea. She likes chia seed pudding (looks like the seed stuff in the video). She would probably try it.

I like this basil seed drink from the Asian market. You do have to get past the seeds sliding around. HA! I went to find a picture to share and found out that the Sabja seeds are basil seeds. So yes, I would try this depending on the texture of the noodles, since I have already tried the basil seed drink with honey.

Now the other other problem I see is the milk & ice cream -- lots of lactose intolerance at our house...

Dalis likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I love tapioca pudding but do not like bubble tea at all. Normally I like things that pop in my mouth and I'd eat caviar any time - if I could afford it! I'll pass on this one @Dalis!

Dalis likes this.
  9. Dalis

Stephanie, that's exactly it, it's like the pudding you are saying but in milkshake.

10. Dalis

Let's just say that people at the gym were not happy of me squating after all that milk! LOL!!!

BevG likes this.
  11. Dalis

I don't like bubble tea either.

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

:compcoffee

Dalis likes this.