Have you ever done this?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by pbrooks, Mar 14, 2016.

1. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

I uploaded my layout, was getting ready to link the last credit to the store and I somehow pressed the wrong key or something and I lost my layout. I had quite a few credits, too.

I had to upload my layout again, post the credits but then didn't have the heart to do the linking.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have had that happen years ago... so I started doing all my credits in a Word doc so I can copy and paste them. Then I don't feel like crying if something happening during upload.

Lindzee, yzerbear19, y_baros and 3 others like this.
  3. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I haven't been scrapping much apart from CTs, which means I'm doing my layouts and can't post them right away. I save a list on Evernote with layout title, release date, and links, so I can copy and paste to all the different galleries.
    I was using a word document as Karen mentioned above, but I can't access it to edit if I happened to be on mobile devices. So I now use Evernote.

Karen and pbrooks like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I have, not here though. After my occurrence, I started a document and keep track of the layouts for each month with credits and links. It was my solution then, and works for me! :)

pbrooks likes this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I save a simple Text doc (Word took too long to load in my old laptop) with that info. I copy/paste store links into the Text doc right after I add a product to my cart. But that's cuz a lot of my LOs are CT work (like @klee73010 mentioned too) so it just makes my life easier if I have that info saved even before I start scrapping. And I just name the Text doc the same as the name of the kit I'm scrapping (or the name of the challenge if that's what I'm scrapping for) so I can easily find it when I upload my lo.
    But if I lost something like you did, I wouldn't go back either.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    keepscrappin and pbrooks like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yep, I've done it more times than I care to remember. Whether or not I go back and add links depends on whether I'm uploading as part of CT work or uploading something else, and how many credits I have to link.

pbrooks and sberkan like this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I did! Not here, somewhere else, and it was such a pain to redo! I keep all my credits in the .psd and jpeg file now. So I just copy and paste from the jpeg properties when I'm posting.

amien1 and pbrooks like this.
  8. pbrooks

I need to keep a document with credits and links. That would make it a lot easier.

9. pbrooks

I never even thought about this. Not quite sure how to do it but I'll give it a try.

10. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

Yep! My credits are in a document that I can cut and paste but not the links so that does make me sad when it happens.

11. pbrooks

Maybe using a simple text doc would be easier than using a Word doc.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Pam,

I keep my credits in FILE INFO within my PSD file. While my layout is open, I got to FILE > FILE INFO. Then, in the DESCRIPTION box, I type in my credits, including links to the store. Then when I get ready to post my layout, I have PSE open and my layout open, and then click on FILE INFO, copying and then pasting the information into all the galleries/sites that I want to use.

I've found this is infinitely helpful when, for instance, I need to post my layout at a site, but for some reason, there is an uploading issue (maybe the site is updating or whatever) and I have to wait until later or another day. Having it right there in the file, it's just so easy to open and then copy/paste.

I usually update as I scrap when I'm using multiple kits. If I'm scrapping with just one kit or one or two, I'll wait until the end to add my credits.

That was a lot to type. Next time I think I'll just record a video. LOL

Happy Posting!

13. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I'm not CT so I don't have to paste links. But I've done it often enough when using several different designers and kits, I sometimes save the uploaded pic and credits so far. You can continue to add credits and save again.

pbrooks likes this.
  14. jk703

I have tried storing credits in the psd, but it didn't work for me. Usually when I'm uploading, it's not when I'm working on the layout, or I'm uploading a few days later that week. At that point, I don't have the psd file open or available to me (like if I'm at work). For me, I found it was important that I keep it in an document that I can access without opening Photoshop.

pbrooks, klee73010 and Karen like this.
  15. jk703

You could even keep a draft copy in your email - like with no "Sender" and titled Credits. :giggle

pbrooks, Tree City and enjoyyourpix like this.
  16. pbrooks

I'm going to try both ways and see which works better for me. I kinda think that keeping a document might work better.

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is what I do (except I do it in Microsoft Note). I typically type out all of my credits as I'm working on the page. I have an ongoing list of layouts and credits.

Like Jenn, I don't typically have photoshop open when I'm posting my layouts. Since I aways have Note open I can easily grab my credits that way.

pbrooks and Karen like this.
  18. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Anna Forrest's credit tracker script puts the credits, including links, in the file info Cheryl mentioned, which you CAN get to without opening Photoshop. Right-click the file, info, properties. All there. No need for a separate file. There are other outputs for the credits in the script, but I don't even remember what they are because I don't use them. Maybe it can do a separate file, too.

pbrooks, jk703, Lindzee and 1 other person like this.
  19. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I used a script my takes care of all my credits and links so all i have to do is copy and paste them into the window each time. No going back and forth and linking up. That would drive me insane.

pbrooks likes this.
  20. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

this happens to me all the time! I need to be smarter like some of you guys!

pbrooks and Li Li Wee like this.