Has the final chat been announced?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by mollyscraps, May 3, 2022.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Yep - and it's been a long time since the end of January. :faint2:lol:lol

2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

3. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

I didn't complete the collage because I mostly complete pages just for me. And I don't update my siggie cause I am very signature lazy. lol

Vrielinkie, Cherylndesigns and Kendra like this.
  4. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Cath I can only speak for myself but it is 100% fair. I met the requirements- most of them quite a bit outside my normal scrapping- of all the challenges including re-doing 2 of my layouts. I met time deadlines along with the other 149 people. In addition to that, I spent $65 in January alone. So far this year it's $180. In the past 12 years that I have been buying from TLP, I have spent over $1400. Now I realize that is likely to be a drop in the bucket compared to many but I am aghast and disappointed that a member here would express the opinion that those who didn't do exactly what she did don't deserve the promised reward.

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Life is hard enough for most of us that we do what we can with the time we have, completing all of those challenges isn't easy for some of us and some of us it is, we're all winners for getting it done and the GC is our reward!

katell, Vrielinkie, bonnenuit and 4 others like this.
  7. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

I didn't do the collage, I run out of time, but I've found a HOME at The Lilypad since around 2 years ago. Actually I came following to some designers few years ago, and never participated in challenges, till I became hocked with Elif Sahin and her monthly challenges, then I tried to do a MOC but some very personal and sad reasons avoided to complete the challenges, but in 2021 I did my first MOC, and I LOVED it!

A-M, Vrielinkie, Kendra and 4 others like this.
  8. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I haven't posted anything in the Gal
    I haven't posted in the gallery since the end of March but that doesn't mean that I haven't been here. Everyone has different things going on in their life and we all do what we can. I have not been well and I also take care of my mother who has a problem with her vision. I also went on vacation out of the country for 2 1/2 weeks and, like many others, I spend a lot of money in this store to supply my addiction.

There are a lot of people who come here just for MOC. That is what brought me here! I think it would be totally unfair if they did not get their rewards for doing the deed and playing the game.

9. Monica Moriak

Monica Moriak Well-Known Member

I agree. There are always things in the shop that I want.

Bagheertje and michelepixels like this.
  10. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

ALWAYS!!! I seem to have no trouble finding things to purchase at all points of the year.

I'm here year round. I just post a lot fewer layouts because I can't keep up a layout-a-day pace and because the big project I work on every year - a weekly double-page spread - uses a bunch of kits. Most are from TLP, but when I'm pulling a photo corner from one kit and a paper from another kit and a bow from another kit, it would take me forever to properly credit.

Kendra, disneysheryl65 and HeatherB like this.
  11. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

I love doing MOC, but really cant keep up after that... I'm also not that keen on showing all family pictures online, so I do use alle the fun The Lilypad stuff, but I just not upload the layouts... I could be a bit more active on the forum...

bestcee likes this.
  12. Mingo08

Mingo08 Ctrl+Z is my friend

Okay, I'm glad I could find this thread! I'd never done MOC before (and it was *wonderful*!!!!) I didn't think about the final announcements it until I got to a scrapbook retreat in mid-March. I'd planned to look while there, but got a phone call on day two that our only daughter had been in a car accident and was being airlifted to a trauma hospital.

Our daughter's fine - doing really, really, well, honestly - but I was 1,200 miles away from home with her from mid-March until June 3rd. And while I did a small amount of scrapping with her as she recuperated at home, I didn't really think about MOC until recently.

YEY! I haven't missed anything! Probably one of the few areas in my life I didn't miss something....

13. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that it took this long.

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

It varies widely. It think it depends on what's going on in the lives of the people who kindly volunteer to run this forum for us. :love

15. disneysheryl65

disneysheryl65 Snoring in perfect pitch

MOC is an awesome way to start off the year! I come here weekly and sometimes daily to check things out or buy something - although I don't always post comments or love like I should. I get so many ideas here and often start on the monthly challenges but don't complete them due to this or that - but at least I get something done! And gets lots of BYOC swag every month - even if I never get to that challenge - hee hee! Due to my schedule, my scrapping is in spurts - like 20 pages and then nothing for a month. I take what I can get. We all have different lives and I am thankful this community is here for all - full timers, lurkers and in and outs!

Thank you so much to the administrators, designers, and VOLUNTEER team that do everything behind the scenes. I am CT for several designers around the web and I don't thing anyone realizes the hard work that goes into everything that happens to get these events up and running. Thank you, thank you, thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!

bcnatty, cfile, wombat146 and 4 others like this.
  16. rrred68

rrred68 Well-Known Member

Have GC been delivered? It seemed that last year we had them fairly early, but I haven't received any information yet. Also, is the 31 challenge collage a requirement? If it is, I wasn't aware that it is. And if it is, that would explain why I haven't heard anything about the GC because I didn't do one. Just ran out of time.

TIA to the administrators and volunteers for putting together this amazing fun-filled 31 days of challenges!

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The 31 challenge collage is not a requirement, so you're good there. As long as you completed the 31 challenges and met the requirements, you will still received a GC. The creation of those GCs is still underway.

umyesh, cfile, tw1717 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

When will the Gift Certificates be going out?

19. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

I'm very irritated that it's taking so long this time - did something happen that I didn't read?

20. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

We are dependent on an outside person to generate such a large number of gift certificates; that is what it causing the delay this year. We do apologize and appreciate everyone's patience.

Erin Taylor, Roxana, nhudao and 6 others like this.