has anyone...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by colleen, Dec 4, 2010.

1. colleen

colleen Happy to be home!

done a year in review book (like a shutterfly book)?? im trying to do one for the grandparents but i want to do simpler pages with more focus on pics for them but its a lot harder than i thought!!

so if anyone has done one i would love to see it if you want to share

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I have. Back in 2008. I'm working on my 2009 one to give as this year's Christmas gift. But I actually ended up making the pages (pretty simple pages, but I still made them) and then uploading each page as a one-picture page layout on each page of the shutterfly album. It worked out pretty well... only complaint is that whatever was in teh center margin got sucked into the center binding.

I'll see if I can dig up the low res images of it. ???

*ETA* I just remembered I posted it on my blog a LONG time ago! The pics don't show up very well, but here ya go:
    http://mystateofcrazy.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  3. colleen

Thanks Rebecca!! Love how it turned out! I might steal some ideas!

4. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Actually I do a Calendar/year in review for my parents. And I have 11 out of 12 done!!! YAY. I'm trying to get it done super fast tonight because Kinkos told me today that they are having a 50% web special on printing tomorrow.

They aren't very simple pages though so I'm not sure how much I can help you. Sorry.

5. RebeccaH

*sigh* claire i wish i only had one more to do. i still have sept, oct, and nov. to finish before i can send it to print. grrr... BUT DH plays world of warcraft & there's some BIG new expansion release coming out this week, so I am pretty much GUARANTEED several nights of free time to myself. i'm thinking i should be able to knock it out this week!

6. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I have done one two years in a row. You can see pictures on my blog here...Year in Review Pages

And here is the completed book

I use templates to get things done faster! I am behind a few months again, always seems to happen in the second half of the year.

7. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Lisa!!! That's absolutely gorgeous!!! Awesome job!

8. RebeccaH

lisa i love the consistency of your album! great formatting! love it!!

9. colleen

thats gorgeous lisa!!! thanks for sharing!!!

10. RebeccaH

GAAAH! I GOT MINE DONE TONIGHT! I am SOOOO super stoked about this! I never finished my 2009 YIR album, so I finished it up for this year's Christmas gifts. I know, a year behind, but eh.... still super excited to get it done!

And the best part, I used a few different coupons at Shutterfly, plus some gift cards that I had, and my whole order for 5 albums came out to a final out-of-pocket cost of $15.01. So like $3 per album. Sa-weeeeet! I cannot wait to get them! I hope I like them in person!

I THINK this link should get you to the album if you wanna peek and check it out:
    http://2009yearinreview.shutterfly.com/pictures/31

11. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Whoooot congrats Rebecca!!!

12. colleen

I finished mine and it was like 63 for 2 books! How the heck did you manage that?

13. RebeccaH

well, it ended up costing a total of $71 for 5 books... but i had $56 of gift cards, so i only had to pay $15.

but here's how i got to the $76. I ordered 8x8 books. they were on sale, buy 1 get all the others 1/2 off. Then i had a coupon for an additional 20% off. then i had another coupon for $10 off. then i had another coupon for free shipping. so according to their little caluclation, i saved a total of $116 on my order before using the extra $56 dollars. sa-weeet! i was just floating i was so excited!!

14. interstitchal

interstitchal New Member

This book is amazing Rebecca - thanks for sharing the inspiration!

15. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

Wow, your album is awesome!! Great job on saving so much money too!!!