Happy International Women's Day!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LeeAndra, Mar 8, 2017.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Let's make sure to celebrate US today! Whether you're participating in the strike or marching or wearing red or not doing anything at all, make sure to love on & appreciate all the women in your life who are doing incredible remarkable things. :beat

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm a SAHM, so I feel like I can't take off "work" (esp since one child doesn't have school today). But I am wearing red!
    Yea to all the designers with shoppes here and to Laura for running a woman-owned business! It's great that Womens Day is on a Weds cuz SOSN. More bang for your Women-owned business buck!

kimingvtx and jenn mccabe like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

DS and I were listening to them talk about it on the radio this morning on the way to work/school. He told me to turn around, that I need to take the day off. I said "But you're not a woman, you shouldn't have the day off". To which he replied "Yes, but I do rely on a woman to take me to school every day, so if she doesn't go, I don't go" :giggle

Happy International Women's Day!! :heartslub

janedee, chastml, jk703 and 2 others like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Aww, this is sweet to see. I was trying to figure out how to work this day into my scrapping somehow this week. But YES ... hats off to Laura and all the designers! :beat:heartlub:beat

5. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

hooray! i forgot to wear red.

6. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I didn't do a thing today that I didn't want to do! I'm wearing my "Nevertheless, she persisted!" t-shirt and my husband took me out to dinner.

My daughter is a teacher and couldn't stay home, but she dressed accordingly.
    web_becky.jpg

meterr likes this.
  7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

We celebrate this on the 9th of August, and it's a public holiday so all women can be off. However most shops, restaurants etc are still open so those ladies all work. Kinda defeats the purpose but keeps the economy going.

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Oh Donna...that is the best shirt. I got my daughter another one as she also just got her AA degree.

I read that women make up 47% of our economy. Imagine IF they really all could and would stay home! Maybe that equal pay would finally come.

9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Oh Donna...that is the best shirt. I got my daughter another one as she also just got her AA degree.

I read that women make up 47% of our economy. Imagine IF they really all could and would stay home! Maybe that equal pay would finally come.