Happy Easter!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by tjscraps, Apr 9, 2023.

1. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

Happy Easter to those that celebrate. I hope it was a good day of family and connection!

We had my aunt and uncle for supper, I made a bone-in ham for the first time, and it was soooooo good. We have a LOT of leftovers, but it was very nummy (ham, scalloped potatoes, coleslaw, carrots, buns, and apple crisp for dessert).

umyesh likes this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Happy Easter!!!

I had my daughter, grandchildren and father over for dinner - ham, mashed potatoes, mac ‘n cheese, candied sweet potatoes, egg, tomato and lettuce salad, and deviled eggs. I made Easter baskets for everyone, so candy for dessert.

tjscraps likes this.
  3. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Joyeuses Pâques to you too!

tjscraps likes this.
  4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy Easter!

My girls sang with their church class this morning. This evening we had my parents over for dinner and my sister’s family joined us for dessert.

tjscraps likes this.
  5. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

We didn't do much to celebrate today, but I love Easter! We drove 7 hours to get home from our spring break trip, so most of the day was spent in the car. We did get to see my in-laws on Saturday, we did an egg hunt for the kids and had a nice Easter dinner. My nephew made us lamb chops that were so yummy.

tjscraps likes this.
  6. duniascrap

duniascrap Designer

Happy Easter! We did a good time yesterday with the family!

tjscraps likes this.
  7. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Happy Easter. We’re empty nesters so Easter was quiet but we did go out to dinner with our daughter.

tjscraps likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oooh... apple crisp sounds so good! I haven't had that in forever! Happy Easter to you too!

We had a fun last minute trip home from my oldest college kid, He came home on Saturday afternoon and then was able to go to church with us yesterday. I also made Easter dinner for the first time in forever... maybe ever? Usually my MIL makes Easter lunch for us because I'm in the church choir and sing for three services (6:30am, 8:00am and 11:00am) and I'm so wiped out that she always says I don't have to do anything except show up. That's so awesome usually, but this year she's on vacation this year and I cooked for just our family. I did a yummy spiral ham and a couple simple sides and we ended up doing that on Saturday evening since my son was headed back to school after church. It was a nice weekend.

tjscraps likes this.
  9. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

It was that or 'sex in a pan' lol I make that occasionally and everyone is always like OMG haven't had that since the 80's. (shortbread crust, cream cheese icing, pudding layer and then whipped cream - it's so good!)

[​IMG]

mary kate, HeatherB and Memaw2Wm like this.
  10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing!!!

tjscraps likes this.
  11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Happy Easter!

We celebrated with a non-traditional dinner of chicken fajitas with homemade guacamole, caramelized onions, and peppers. It was so good. My mom brought dessert - puffed wheat squares and hopscotch treats. Yum! We finished off the evening with a few different family card games.

tjscraps and Memaw2Wm like this.
  12. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Happy Easter! We had an Easter brunch with my husband's family, at their family farm. Crazy amounts of food (ham, sausage, quiche, pancakes and maple syrup, potato casserole, pasta salad, fruit salad...), with an egg hunt for the little ones.

tjscraps likes this.
  13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We went to church (which is normal for us), but they did have an Easter egg hunt and a special breakfast. Then came home, some fam and friends went to play softball, then EVERYONE came over here for dinner (more than I had planned for - they just kept coming). I also made a bone-in ham for the first time! Then I made ham and bean soup today with the leftovers. Yum!

It was a good day.

tjscraps likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's so funny! My hubby asked me to make this a couple of months ago because his Mom used to make it and he loved it so much. He calls it Chocolate Delight, but I like your name better. :giggle

tjscraps likes this.