Happy Easter | Pad Patter 4.4

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 4, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

[​IMG]

It's a beautiful Easter Sunday here! I'm hoping to get outside here in a few and start cleaning things up from the winter. My kids and their families are coming over for a big Easter dinner later on this afternoon or this evening, and we may hide some eggs for the little ones :) And this is so totally my older kids:

[​IMG]
    I am also really looking forward to an extra day off tomorrow!

Do you have any special plans today or this weekend?

QuiltyMom and Nemla like this.
  2. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

If I could (next year for sure), I'd eat some peanut M&M's in honor of the Easter goodies I got from my mom when I was in my 20's and 30's. She would give me a big bag of them for Easter every year until she died.

4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Happy Easter!

We've just been hanging out doing stuff. I've been trying to complete a knitting project that has been a royal pain in the tuckus (tuccus?? well, however you spell it!). It's a Regency era pineapple reticule (purse). I thought it would take me a week. HA! I've lost count on how many hours I've been working on it, but it's somewhere like 50+ at the moment. I spent 5 hours on it yesterday frogging (ripping out rows) and re-knitting yet another section only to realize a few minutes ago that I did it wrong - again. I'm gleaning the instructions from 4 different patterns, one of which is the 200-year-old pattern, so that's why it's so difficult. One year I just may have it done! Here's a photo of what I've done so far... not counting the bottom part I've frogged multiple times...

[​IMG]

Other than that we went to the Easter Sunrise Service at church this morning (it was a balmy 47 degrees!!) because we didn't act fast enough to reserve a space for one of the indoor services. We went out to breakfast afterwards, and now I'm scrapping!!

Sorry I was so chatty, but my edit button doesn't seem to be working. lol~

I hope everyone has a magnificent day!

5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

The weekend:
    NCAA basketball-ham and scalloped potatoes-NCAA basketball!

6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

We have had a quiet weekend. The daughter and family were due to come today but the youngest granddaughter is sick so our get together will happen next weekend now.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Today is my mother's 81 birthday. One of my sisters and family was on spring break in SC last week, so they stopped by my parents yesterday. We went over and my brother and family also came up. Had lunch, happy birthday cupcakes, and birthday presents. It was great to see everyone, especially my sister and family from Michigan.

Today we are just having a normal Sunday.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've been out exploring all afternoon. My daughter, one granddaughter, my grandson and i have been out seeing the beautiful countryside. it's been absolutely gorgeous today so we decided to go back to the Ft. Gibson dam and to the Painted Rocks.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

We had Easter dinner at my parents.. with all the fixing and extended family .

My sister bought an Easter bunny costome and surprised everyone with an apperance as the easter bunny

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Happy Easter! @QuiltyMom Jan, that looks amazing but it does looks extremely hard!

We did eat a few easter egg candy. My tummy hurts. LOL!!!! I made 3 new masks, 2 for hubby one for my BFF. I still want to make some modifications to the pattern to fit better.... BUT THE GREAT NEWS IS THAT MY GLASSES DON'T FOG W/ THIS MASK. WOOT WOOT!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I had two of three kids plus two grandsons, niece, nephew, and sister over. We had big ham lunch, egg hunt, egg coloring, and other games with prizes. Lots of fun, lots of laughter (some at my expense).
    I do Easter, my sister does Christmas Eve. It’s a good way to keep family together.

12. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

@QuiltyMom - that looks fabulous! I hate to rip out but sometimes you have to do it. If I can adapt the pattern I do, but usually I can’t.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We went to my parents' for Easter dinner. My nephew had to work so it was earlier than usual so we got home earlier than usual, too.

The weather was gorgeous so there was post-Easter roller skating, trampoline jumping, and biking.

I am house hunting (and growing more panicked & anxious by the second) so there was some of that, too, between things and trying to set up showings for today.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Happy Easter a day late! :giggle Normally I go to three services for church because I'm in the choir, but the choir isn't back together yet, so we were able to pick which service we wanted to go to and I got to sit with my family for the first time ever! Lol! Then we went to my MIL's house along with my Mom. They are both fully vaccinated now, so this is super fun for them to be able to do stuff again. It was beautiful outside yesterday too, so we had a fire outside with our besties and soaked in the sun for awhile!

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Thurs-Sat we spent at a house with ALL of my family so on Sunday we were exhausted! Late nights playing games, hiking and exploring during the day, lots of playing with the cousins, etc... So on Sunday we went to church and came home and rested.