Handmade Party Decorations

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dna13, Apr 25, 2011.

1. dna13

dna13 New Member

OK girls, i need your help please!! :helpy

It is my 30th next month and i am throwing a nice big party :happydance2 but the downside to this is that it will cost a bit of money. :td So i am trying to think of ways to decorate that will cost me as little money as possible.

I would like to stay away from balloons if possible and was thinking of things that were made from paper, fabric, ribbons etc and things that can be hung from the roof. I am planning on making some fabric buntings to hang across the ceiling and probably a paper bunting for near the cake saying 'Happy Birthday'.

But what else can i do that looks really clever and isn't too difficult to make?? lol. My colour scheme is blue and yellow.

TIA

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I think some blue/yellow/white tissues poms would be gorgeous - and definitely budget friendly!

Like this...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  3. adejong

adejong Glutton for punishment

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. jdesai

jdesai Wonders what's in a name?

The tissue poms are great and easy to make. I made them for my daughter's b'day party.

[​IMG]

5. dna13

dna13 New Member

Oh thank you. The pom poms were on my list of things to try. That tutorial is great, thanks for posting. :)

6. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Poms are fabulous, and if you have a sweet tooth, you could do a grown up candy bar, like these...borrow some apothecary jars or glass storage containers from friends, and make the labels and banner yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]