Hair Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by stampin_rachel, Apr 25, 2012.

1. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

Ok ladies, I am thinking of getting my hair cut short again. Right now it is past my shoulders and the longest it has been in 20 years (no lie). However, the longer it gets the scragglier it looks. The one thing I do like about it being long is that I can wear it in a ponytail everyday and I don't need to make very frequent trips to the salon.

I have an appointment for tomorrow and i am debating what to do. my husband is no help at all.

What do you think? Any advice? I have thin hair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I like the 1st sample best but all three look great. The biggest question, though, is how much time do you want to spend on fixin' your hair each day. That was the question posed to me the last time I saw my hairdresser. It made a world of difference in how my hair was cut.

3. stampin_rachel

No time. I am lazy and just don't want a high maintenance cut.

4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I love that first one, but I bet it would take too much work to get it to look like that. I don't know though. I have mine cut above my shoulders just straight all the way around and no bangs. I like it because I am not a high maintenance person. I can just shower and wear it how it dries. A lot of the time I'll straighten it after it dries, but it takes me about 5 minutes and I have thick hair.

5. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I really like the third one.

I do what my husband calls the chop and grow...I get it cut really short (chin length or shorter) and then let it grow until it drives me batty and do it all over again. I have zero style because I'm not willing to spend any time or money at all on my hair. I probably should change my attitude about that because my husband hates that I don't take any time for myself in this area...but honestly I don't see it happening any time soon.

6. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I have really thin/fine/baby hair, and I had mine cut like the first pic at one point. It worked out pretty well and wasn't that hard to deal with. It also can be really cute if you pin it to one side with cute barrettes or something. :)

7. Dana

Dana Dana

i have really fine, straight hair and i usually have if it cut in some sort of bob. i don't like to spend a lot of time doing my hair, so i try not to put in too many layers, b/c they don't look great w/ my hair unless i spend time styling it (and using a round brush and/or velcro rollers to add some volume) ... i prefer the look of #2 (i don't remember paris with that hair -haha) for me b/c it looks easier to style and keep it looking cute. i finally got long bangs this year though, and i love them :)

8. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

If you have thin hair, I'd do #3, but know that she has product in her hair and has it styled somewhat.

I have very thick wavy hair that would never dry if I didnt blow dry it. I have mine colored and cut every four weeks and spend a minimum of 20 min drying and styling my hair every day. It's just part of my life.

9. stampin_rachel

I changed my appointment to Friday. My stylist wants to talk me out of cutting....we shall see.

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I got mine cut in January, and it's very similar to these, just a little bit longer. I have fine hair but I have tons of it, so if I can, I normally let it air dry for about 45 minutes or so before I blow dry, which then only takes me about 5 minutes with a round brush. My hair is a bit wavy, so if I let it completely air dry, it just looks messy. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the length, so I find it's worth the minimal amount of effort. :)

Good luck with your decision! :)

11. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I like both #1 and #3. Ditto on figuring out how much time you want to spend on it every day. My stylist knows me too well (18 years ish) and knows I won't spend more than 5 or 10 minutes on it so she keeps me steered in the right direction. I know what you mean though. When it gets to the point where even though I spent time on it and it looks scraggly/unkempt then it's time for a change. I grow it out, then cut it short, etc. Probably because I get bored with it the same way.

Good luck Friday! Don't be afraid of short, it's easy to take care of, looks cute... It's hair, it grows and then you can change again if you want.

12. Andrea

Andrea New Member

I think you would look cute with any of those cuts. I do like #1 the most! It makes hair look way thicker when it's stacked in the back like that with all the layers. Way cute!

Good luck with whatever you decide on! You will have to show us a picture after you get your new do! :)