Gym

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jul 31, 2014.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Its been a good two years since ive been to the gym but i need to get back to it again as I need diet + EXERCISE to really lose weight. Does anyone have any suggestions to knock the excuses out cause I've been home for almost two months and haven't signed up yet. Part of my reasoning is I'm busy with uni and have a long commute but all they're just excuses. Part of me is scared to admit how big/unhealthy I really am too.

2. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I'm not sure if I know how to knock out the excuses. But a couple of things that have helped me work out in the past are (1) having a gym membership - because I feel really guilty paying for something and then not using it, and (2) having a workout partner - it really helps having someone to encourage me and hold me accountable. Do you have a friend you could work out with? Or maybe even spend a little extra for a personal trainer for a month just to kickstart you? You can do it!! :)

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

You have to make it your priority. Not something you do 'if you have time'. It's really just as simple as that. If you don't make it a priority, any excuse will do. ;)

4. lizj

lizj Active Member

If you can build it into your daily routine, that helps. I go to the gym before work every day. Simple as that. Once you are at the gym you might as well work out.

One thing though about when you are just starting to work out is to be careful not to overdo it initially. It is easy to hurt yourself if you are not in good shape and then it is very discouraging to try again.

I also mix up days to keep it more interesting. Concentrate on arms a couple of days a week, legs a couple of days, go for walks on the other days. It is less boring if you do different routines each day.

I always think getting to the gym is half the battle. Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Think about it for me was a wake up call... Bianca told me "mom, I want you to be with me forever". I am doing my best to last as much as possible for her and me and hubby. Today is 4 months since I started. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 8 in dress size. I am following a Paleo diet and doing crossfit 3 to 4 days a week.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Also, think about it what is it going to take 1 hr of your day. YOU ARE WORTH ONE HOUR + MORE!

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh dear Jennifer...me mum always told me when I would scrape my knee or something, that envision it healed when the bandaid or plaster came off. It helped me not worry about the ouchie then. That is how I started with the "gym" Envision weight off (now I did small amounts in my head as not to get discouraged). I wanted healthy, not skinny(me skinny would be surgery) but I am healthy.
    I know you have determination, look at your marks at Uni! YOU have accomplished so much, how about getting healthier too?

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

You've hit the nail on the head!