Guest Polly Prompt: Travel Back in Time!

Discussion in 'Memory Motivators' started by MrsPeel, Mar 19, 2015.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Hellloooo!!!!! Hope everyone is well and ready for a super fun weekend!!!!
    Welcome to another Memory Motivator!

I scrap- I keep scrapping....and I thought we could motivate each other & do some pages together! With the Project Mouse Celebrations I have been going back in time to scrap our Disney trip- (2006 and never properly scrapped!) and I finally- finally!!!- found my wedding photos I had put on digital!!! So, what do you say we go back in time and scrap something- a day, an event, a month, the whole year..... take your pick, and pick your year...it only needs to be at least 5 years old...so nothing after 2010!!!-
    There are many ways to scrap things going back in time...it doesn't need to be a page with photos...you can pick a year and a day/month/event/season and make a journaled page about how you were feeling then, or even an art journal page... just show us the year you picked in the page-
    You also need to go back in time with the products you use, have a look at the
    sale of 50% OFF on retiring products! Hundreds of amazing kits, alphas, brushes, so much so beautiful & half price, so you can scrap with some old favs ..... these will be HALF PRICE from Today to the 29th, so you have time to get them before they are gone!!!!

HERE IS THE 50% OFF SALE

My Challenge to you: Pick some products from the Retirement Sale -Make a page going back in time - before 2010- it can be a day, a week, a month- the whole year- it can be in any style you like- photoless- art journal- hybrid- all welcome- post the page in the gallery & then post it here- so we can leave you some love!
    Please note: This is not an official Lilypad challenge, and as such there is no prize. This is just a fun prompt for everyone who wants to have some more fun after the monthly & weekly challenges! . This is an open challenge. There is no end date! You can post as many layouts as you want!

here are a couple of pages I made with the retiring products: first one is of our wedding day in March 1994
    [​IMG]
    Amy Martin: Spacey Mega Templates- Just Jaimee: Saved the Date collab & Autumn Jamboree Alpha- Quirky Heart: Forever Love-

and this one of the family reunion in 2009- before our trip last November/December... I scrapped this one because in 2009, my brother who doesn't live in the same city as my parents was able to come over and bring the whole family! Last November they couldn't- so I really wanted to have a page with us all, went back in time and did this:

[​IMG]
    Kate Hadfield- Quirky Heart & Rachel Young: Family Tree Collab - Valorie Wibbens: By Definition- Pink Reptile Designs: Handamde with Love- & Painting Rainbows- Amy Wolff: Calico Cottage- Quirky Heart: Forever Love & Just Jaimee: Autumn Jamboree Alpha-

everything I used is from the retirement sale... so, hope you come play with us and show us your treasures from the past!!!! look forward to your pages!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oooooooooooooh I love this idea!! I was just sadly going thru the retirement sale...but this makes it fun!

3. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

This is such a cool idea!!! Make the fact that we are losing all these goodies into a fun challenge!! Way to go Cynthia!!

4. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Wonderful idea. I'll start looking through our old albums to find some photos to scan.

5. MrsPeel

yay !!! looking forward to seeing your pages!!!!! you all 3 know I am a huge fan!!!!!!!

6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Picking products from the retirement sale was no problem for me. I have over 25 items in my cart and counting. I'm sure the rest of my MOC prize money is gone, gone, and half my wallet too. all so worth it!:stash :stash

Cynthia - I'll have to find my wedding photos and scan. 1976 so those will be really ancient!

May have some soccer photos from the kids too. I'll be back.

[​IMG]

This photo ripped when I tied to remove it to scan it, but I think the page turned out great anyway...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  7. MrsPeel

:heartlub:heartlub Oh LOOOOVE 1976!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a year it was for me!!!!! I finished Secondary school in 75...so 76 was a crazy year....look forward to your photos and page Lindz!!!!! and I sooooooo hear you with the cart full and wallet half empty..... there is SO much there I LOOOVE!!!!!! many of those are in my wish list!!!!! can't wait to see the pages!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Beautiful pages Cynthia.. you were a GORGEOUS bride.. still gorgeous my dear!! Love Love Love your pages.. the family page too!!

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

What Christa said..... You look stunning !
    Cant wait to get my teeth into this !

10. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

First off, Cynthia!! Love the wedding layout as well as the reunion!!
    I'll have to check my scanned folder for some photos and get on this. There are some awesome products in the retirement area!

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

[​IMG]

used PRD Sweet Promise; Slightly Lined | Just Jaimee: Autumn Jamboree Stitched alpha

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  12. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

Oooooo I'll be back with a page! xx

13. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

Here's my attempt :) I took this photo on the sunday at a music festival. It was the first festival my hubby and I went to together, and sadly the last... for now. He'd asked me to marry him that week, but wouldn't let me wear my engagement ring so as soon as we arrived to the festival site he bought me the hugest, tackiest 'temporary-replacement-engagement-ring' he could find in the whole of Derby!

[​IMG]

14. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

The pages posted above by Cynthia & Christa inspired this page!

Our Wedding Day - Las Vegas - 2005

[​IMG]

15. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

ooooooooooooooooooooooh I love love this challenge...it made scrapping with Land of Odds more fun...it is one of my first kits to fall in love with Lynne-Marie!! Retirement sales are bittersweet to me...so thank you dear Cynthia! YOU are the inspiration!
    [​IMG]

16. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Great challenge, I'll try to come back with a page. I've so many pictures of my first son that are never been scrapped. I've discovered scrap in 2012 and my first son was born in 2009.

17. MrsPeel

girls thanks so much fior these AWESOME pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also for your so beautiful words and your support...... you know how much i love you!!!!!!! I ll catch up in the gallery tomorrow....some of you know I have been very unwell....I had a good day today so I[m catching up, but is almost 3 am now so some sleep is needed :)
    I'm amazed with your pages thanks so much!!!!!!!!

18. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Memory's are so sad for me

[​IMG]

19. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

what a fun challenge to host during our retirement sale! love, love this idea Cynthia!

updating my thread to add my page for this challenge. i used mostly retirement stuff and a photo of my little girl from 10 years ago!!! how time flies!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  20. MrsPeel

girls LOVE these pages!!!!!! I'm coming back later for the gallery (was very unwell these past few days) thanks so much!!!!!!